Chapter 40

So our Karen up there😍😍😍

Karen held the phone tightly on her ear as tears rolled down her cheeks, she closed her eyes and sobbed.
"Karina baby, just say it, tell me and I'll do it.....I don't even love that woman".
She took a deep breath, she has the power on the tips of her fingers, power to either stop or let the wedding proceed.
If she tells him not to, he won't marry that woman, he will run straight to her and together they will elope to a place no one will ever find them, a place where he will forever try day and night to prove to her that he's a changed man, that he can make things right that he loves her more than anything in the whole world and they will live happily ever after.

She stood up and went to her window still holding the phone, her whole body was trembling and she didn't know why, she has less than 15 minutes now, buy eloping with him will be the most selfish act ever, she has family and  so does he, people who love them and then there's Naz....

"Karina, please, I love you, you're my whole life, without you I'll be lonely and weak, you're my strength and comfort...", he sobbed "I....let me make it up to you, let me show you the man you knew since we were kids".
"Ian...".
"A second chance, that's all I'm asking...I'm healing my love, the doctor has...said I'm healing, there's hope for me, Karina, I won't ever...hit you, I'm ready to use the guestroom for you, I won't touch you, I promise".
She shook her head, "I..-".
"Karina..., are you ready?, I am sending Koslov right away to-".
"I'm sorry Ian...".
"Nooo..".
"I....I can't".
Ian sobbed and Karen heard it, she sobbed louder, "I...love him Ian, I've fallen in love with Naz".
There was a long pause and she thought the line had gone dead but s minute after he finally responded.
"Why?, you don't know that for sure baby, you love me, it's always been me baby".
"I'm sorry Ian but, I've moved on, it's time for you to do the same".
He laughed, a deep painful laugh,
"Move on?, you think it's that easy huh?, you think forgetting the love of my life is as easy as that?".
"Ian...I love him, so much, more than I love.."
"More than how you loved me?, tell me something baby what does he have?, I can give you anything and everything, what can that loser give you that I can't?".
"Don't call him that!!".
"I can call him whatever I want for taking you away from me!, he's just a pathetic guy who will leave you soon after_".
"He didn't kill my son!!!", she yelled and as soon as the words left her lips she regretted them, she cried when she heard his loud cry like a child.

She sat on the floor holding the phone, that was a wrong move, a very wrong move, she hiccuped when she heard him crying, a real cry.
"Ka...baby, i, you know that.... I never meant to...it was an accident, I....I...", he cried more and she held her chest tightly because her heart seemed like it wanted to get out.
How could she say that when she knows so well that he's healing or hurting too?.
"Ian-".
"You don't love me anymore, you no longer care for me, you hate me", there was a long pause again, "Baby you know I will never forgive myself for murdering my own son or  hurting you, you know that I...", he swallowed hard.
She wanted to tell him that he didn't murder him, that it was an accident, that she's sorry for the accusation but no words came out.
"I...will never disturb you again...never, goodbye my love".
"Good luck on your new marriage".
"It wasn't necessary".
"I insist".
"And Karen?".
She waited for him to speak knowing the words that will follow will be hurtful.
"Don't ever look for me, ever", and he hanged up.

She threw away the phone and pulled her knees close to her chest, it's done, he's gone and she should be happy, finally.
The door was opened minutes later revealing a very sad Naz, he went straight to where she was on the floor and hugged her.

Some weeks later, Karen was in Milan in a fashion show, she'd had a whole week of runways and she wanted nothing than to go back to Venice and rest.
She went back to the hotel room and showered then called the love of her life.
"Hey babe".
"Hey amore".
She smiled, "You sleeping?".
"Has been, did you miss me?".
"Did you?".
"My dick and I did".
She laughed and went to take room service, she opened the door and screamed when she saw Naz, she jumped on him and he hugged her tight with a deep laugh, he carried her inside and kissed her.
"Naaaaz!".
He smiled and stroked her hair and kissed her nose, "Surprise, surprise!".
"What you doing here in Milan?".
He shook his head with a smile, "I missed you too amore".
She laughed and kissed his cheeks, she was more than happy to see him, it's been a loong time.