Chapter 16

She was asleep when he came back, he smiled when he saw her holding  his pillow tight, taking in his smell probably.
He showered and changed then went inside the sheet.
She immediately woke up and looked around for the intruder.
'Shh, go back to bed, it's  just me'.
'Ian?'.
'Yes baby, now go back to bed, I'm here now, I came back as I promised'.
She smiled and snuggled closer to his hard chest and hugged him.
'Thank you'.
He stroked her now long hair with a weak smile, 'Sweet dreams beautiful'.
And she did have those sweet dreams.

In the morning she woke up alone, she brushed her teeth and went downstairs, she found his men carrying a big or huge box addressed to Ian, she frowned.
'Good morning ma'am'.
'Good morning, what's going on?'.
'It's the boss's package ma'am'.
She frowned, in all the time she'd been living with him, he'd never received a package,  she frowned when she saw a card on it.
She took it and read it, it was written in Russian of which she understood well.

Happy birthday son, you're a big man now I'm so so proud of you.
Don't you ever think otherwise, I've loved you since the day I held you in my arms, I may not have been the best father but I'm glad you've grown to be a man I wished to be.
I'm sure your mother thinks the same, she'll  forever love you, we love you.

She took a deep breath, years were threatening  to fall but she didn't want to let them, she returned the card and instructed them to put the box in their room of which they did.
So it's  his birthday, she'd completely  forgotten, it's  the first time she'll  celebrate it with him and she wanted it to be special, he's turned 31 today.
She went to his study and was told that he'd  left early in the morning and didn't say where he was going, she went back to the bedroom, she'd make him a huge cake, she'd make this day memorable for him.

She took a shower and put on some jeans and t-shirt, actually one of his old shirts which was too big and she had to fold the ends of it.
But she didn't mind, she went to the kitchen and greeted the maids.
'He normally doesn't want anything on his birthday ma'am'.
Yes typical Ian.
She nodded, 'I understand, but there's no hurt in trying'.
'He's  instructed us to prepare nothing ma'am, it's  a rule we live on'.
' Let's see if he'll  say no to his wife then'.
The maids smiled sadly and let her have the kitchen to herself.
She decided to bake  a chocolate cake for him, she prepared everything and minutes later she was eagerly  waiting for the microwave to bing.
When it, she removed it and layered it in vanilla and strawberry flavours, she then put it in the fridge and went to her garden, she picked some lilies and put them in a vase, she smiled at their beauty.
She then sat in the kitchen and waited  for him, he didn't show up in the afternoon, she paced in the kitchen looking at her watch but he never showed up.
The maids finally left in the evening leaving her all alone, darkness finally took over the reign of the sky and she lost all hopes, where is he?.
Where did he go?, he didn't even say goodbye or wake her up for a good morning, what was so important on his birthday than him celebrating  it with her?.
He didn't even tell her that  it's  his birthday!, she sighed in defeat, it's  already 7pm and no sign of him.
She gave up and went to her bedroom, she took off her clothes and went for a shower, she just wanted to shower then have dinner and go to bed, it's  no use waiting for him.

She finished her shower and put on her pyjamas and went to the kitchen, she turned on the light and  almost screamed when she saw him standing beside the refrigerator hands in his pockets, he was in  black jeans, a black tight t-shirt and black boots.
'You scared me!'.
'I'm sorry', he replied starring at her.
She sighed and looked at the cake which was on the table, she blushed hard in embarrassment, well here comes the humiliation, she was warned that he didn't like such stuffs.
She looked at the cake again then at him, he was eyeing it as if  it's  an alien or something from another planet.
'I...', she shook her head 'I..'.
He looked at her, 'Are we having a party?', he asked her eyeing the cake.
She went to where the cake was and tears wanted to come out, he doesn't like it, she shrugged.
'I...Don't you like it?'.
Oh God please say no!, she prayed.
He unfolded his arms and went to her, he reached there and looked at the cake then at her.
'I do, but whose cake?'.
She almost laughed, could it be?, that he's forgotten?.
She tried to smile at him,
'It's  your birthday Ian'.
He took a sharp breath and shook his head, 'I know but, did you, do it for me?'.
She smiled sadly, why is he finding this an enigma?.
'If you don't like it then I'll-'.
'Hush!', he put his index finger on her trembling lips and then stroked her hair.
'I do, I just- can't  believe you've-', she shook his head and laughed.
'I've ruined it haven't  I?'.
She smiled and nodded, but it didn't matter to her, if he doesn't like it then it was a wastage of time and energy.
He surprised her by kissing her hair,
'Thank you, vozylublennaya'.
He then hugged her and she hugged him back praying for this moment to last forever and ever, with her in his arms as his love not a captive, she smiled on his chest as he hugged him and he smiled too, resting his chin on her head it was heaven too.
'Let's cut it?'.
He released her from the hug and nodded with a smile,
'Yes, I'm getting old baby, better now  than later'.
She chuckled, 'You don't age in a day'.
He shook his head, 'I do, now let's cut it'.