Chapter 21

Karen finished washing her face and sighed when she saw some girly stuffs like shampoo, toothbrushes of their varieties and some pads.
Angela must have been using her room when she was gone, the girl is more into fashion than she'll ever be.
She showered and put in some of her old clothes, they were surprisingly too big for her size, can someone lose weight in just few days?.
She hadn't seen her mother or siblings after last night's drama and that was okay, for now at least.
She combed her long hair and decided to leave it in its natural curls like her mother's.
She then sat on her bed and a soft knock was heard in the door, she replied and bursted into tears when she saw him.
Her father!.
He rarely comes in her room, she swallowed hard when she took a closer look at him, he was still well built and as handsome as ever, she stood up with shaky legs and looked at his ever cold hazel eyes, a replica of hers.

She didn't know what to say, she'd disappointed him to the fullest, she wouldn't be surprised if he decides to chase her away from Venice, maybe she'd go to Paris to her uncle and continue the life that she'd started about 9 months ago.
'Da..'.
'You've lost weight'.
She wiped off her tears and looked at her feet, this is where the murder starts, will he yell at her as how her mother had?.
'I'm sorry daddy I....', she shook her head as her eyes were pooled with an ocean of tears, 'I...'.
'Come here'.
She looked at him and sniffed, she didn't even feel like going to him, back in those days she'd run to him when he said that and hug him tight, but now, she's not even a Moretti anymore.
'KarenGabriella, come here'.
She carried her wobbly legs to her father who was in full black as usual starring at her, she reached where he was and couldn't even look at him.
His strong hands, hands that used to carry her whenever she was scared or too tired to walk or just playing the daddy's girl role lifted her face to him and she looked at his eyes, the sane eyes that she has, people often told her that she is the female version of him, that she's taken everything from him except the hair colour of course but his temper, eyes and lips belonged to him.
'My princess'.
She cried then and cried harder when he hugged her, in a tight hug a hug that screamed you're my daughter, she cried harder and cried on his chest wetting his black shirt but caring less, her father is here now, hugging her telling her that it'll be okay, giving her that fatherly hug she'd been longing for three good years, that hug she missed like oxygen in water.

'I'm sorry daddy, I'm so sorry, please forgive be daddy, I've learnt my lesson, please papa'.
He released her from the hug and kissed her forehead, he looked at her and took a deep breath.
'You should've listened to Katerina, she's seen many assholes enough to smell one from a distance, she's actually living with one'.
Karen smiled in tears, ever with a foul mouth, she wiped off her tears and looked at him, 'Daddy?'.
'Si?'.
'Ti Amo papa'.
He smiled shortly and hugged her again, he kissed her hair and that made her cry even more, she whispered to him countless I'm sorrys of which he never replied.
'You need to eat something, I want back my Karen'.
She smiled sadly and hugged him tight, there's no love a girl can ever get like her father's, he's and always will be her first love.

Her father took her hand and led her to the dinning, she felt like a stranger in the house, she's no longer a part of this family, Angela looked at her and smiled while her twin just nodded.
She looked at the twin brothers who were busy eating and her eyes finally landed on her mother who was crying quietly looking at her.
It hurt, she knew it, seeing your big girl in bruises and cuts plus bandages just because of a stupid fucked up marriage, it hurt seeing your own child suffering knowing there's nothing you can do about it.
She pitied her mother, she'd always had that fairy tale in her head that her big girl would get married in a big church wedding to a man who will love her, she'd always told her that and she has disappointed her.
'Katerina!..', her father groaned in frustration.
She stood up and went to her, she hugged her crying so hard,
'Oh Karen my dear'.
Karen didn't even hug her back Jr speak, she feared that she'll cry hard when she tries to open her mouth, it hurt too bad, too bad, seeing your mother crying and suffering because of your stupid foolishness, it was a thorn in the neck.
'You're getting a divorce, as soon as possible!', her father said after she'd sat down beside Angela and started eating.
A divorce?.
Is she ready for that now?.
'Gabe please we should let her heal first and then we'll think of that, divorce isn't an easy thing'.
'I don't care!, no one treats my daughter like dirt and gets away with it Katerina, unless you're happy with all of this!'.
Karen's organs shrunk inside her body, may they not fight because of her, dear Lord please no.
'Kenneth, tell Stefan I want to see him', her father ordered.
'Yes dad'.