Chapter One

"Congratulations Mr

"Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Lee, you are now lawfully wedded."

I internally sighed as I kept the pen down after signing the marriage contract. Now that both my parents were dead, I did the last and only favor as their daughter: marrying the man they wanted me to, from the time I was born.

Lee Taeyong. Asia's youngest mafia boss. Cold in exterior and cold at heart, with a voice and eyes just as cold. He didn't even smile. Yet, he was the most ethereal man I had ever seen. He looked like a Greek God with his strikingly handsome face and sharp features. He had an extremely intimidating aura.

Luckily for me, my parents were in the mafia too, so I knew exactly what happens and what to expect. I was glad that I was never involved in their work and got to live my life peacefully. I was indeed sad about my parents' death, I did love them very much, but I wasn't surprised. After all, their whole life was a near-death experience anyway.

Taeyong and I exchanged rings. Both our rings had each other's initials carved on it and four diamonds embedded in it. I must admit, the rings were beautiful, but they held no meaning.

After we left the marriage registration office, we drove to Taeyong's house. The drive was silent but I didn't really mind. My mind was occupied with how I would avoid him. Or maybe, just maybe, we would get along.

We reached his house, or rather, his mansion, and got in. I looked around for a while. He had good taste.

"Your stuff is already in your room, it's the last room upstairs to the right," Taeyong said, his voice cold as usual. I just nodded.

I was just about to leave when he said, "Wait, Miyeon."

I turned around. "Yeah?"

"There's some rules you must know."

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

"What rules?" I asked.

"You're only my wife by law, otherwise you're just some woman living under my roof," He said coldly. "I don't care about what you do, just stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours."

His words stung hard, yet I put on a pokerface. "Okay..."

"My boys come home a lot, you can interact with them if you want," He said. "Also, there's two credit cards on your bed, spend how much ever you want, I don't care."

"Okay," I said softly, controlling the urge to tell him that I don't want his money.

He glanced at me sternly and left.

I proceeded to my room. It was beautifully decorated. It has a walk-in-closet as well which was already filled with clothes, shoes, makeup and pretty much everything I'd need. I put all my stuff in it's respective places and got ready for bed.

I sighed. This was going to be one heck of a rollercoaster ride.

-

End of chapter one.