Chapter Four

Taeyong didn't talk to me for the next one month

Taeyong didn't talk to me for the next one month. Only a few cold words were exchanged between us. I hardly saw him since he was in Busan for some business. I learned from Minhee that the chick who Taeyong was making out with, and who kept coming to our house was his girlfriend, Seulgi. Why didn't he marry her then? Why did he marry me and hasn't even told her?

I met the other eleven younger members of his gang and they were absolutely wonderful! They were so humorous and polite, it was hard to believe that they were in the mafia.

I finished designing Lee Know's room completely last week and he loved it! I became very close to Felix and Lee Know, but I still haven't told them that I'm married. I felt myself starting to develop feelings for Lee Know.

I sighed. You're married Miyeon, you can't like another man. Taeyong would probably shoot him dead.

A knock at my door pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Come in," I said. The door opened, revealing Taeyong with a Chanel box. 

I sat up on my bed. He has never come into my room before.

He handed over the box to me and said, "There's a ball tonight, you must attend."

"Why am I attending?" I asked and frowned.

"Cause you're my wife."

"I don't want to be involved in your mafia business," I said and shrugged. "Take your girlfriend instead."

He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. "Listen, this isn't a dangerous ball and all your friends are going to be there. So just get ready. Yuqi is coming here later."

"Fine," I mumbled. He left me alone.

I opened the box and took out the gown. It was gorgeous. It was navy blue, had a deep V-neck, and flowed from the waist.

He has good taste, I thought.

~

"Miyeon! Why are you fussing now?" Yuqi said with a groan as she winged her eyeliner. I just finished getting ready and I was ranting to her about Taeyong.

"I just don't get why he can't take his fucking girlfriend instead!"

"You're his wife."

"Ugh! I'd rather marry Minho," I blurted out. My eyes widened and so did Yuqi's. What am I saying?

"Who?" She asked. "Who's that?"

"Um... I became friends with my client and his brother..."

"And now you like him?"

"Yeah...?" I murmured. Yuqi didn't seem amused.

"Well, it's fair now I guess," She said with a shrug.

"What do you mean?"

"He has a girlfriend, you like someone else, you're even."

She has a point.

I was about to say something when the door opened. Lucas barged in and hugged Yuqi.

"Babe, you look so damn fine!" He said and kissed her head. I awwed at the sight. They were so cute!

"Thank you!" She said and beamed.

"Are you girls ready?" Lucas asked. "We have to leave now."

"Yeah, let's go," I said.

~

The ride in the limo was filled with laughter. Lucas' jokes had us all cracked up. Even Taeyong was laughing his ass off.

He looked even more beautiful with that smile. He was wearing a black suit with a navy blue tie that matched my gown. His newly dyed red hair was sweeped to the side, making him look more ethereal than ever. He caught me staring at him and I looked away. I felt the butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

What was happening to me?

-

End of chapter four.