Chapter Twenty-One

We got up and followed Taeil to one of the rooms, which I assumed was his whenever he slept over

"Miyeon, I had Soojin check your body thoroughly," Taeil said. "You're alright and healthy, your cut will heal in a few weeks, the scar will fade but it might not go."

I nodded. Soojin was working as a doctor in a hospital while Taeil was NCT's doctor.

"There's also a few bruises on your stomach and breast," He said. "Is there anywhere else where he grabbed you or put pressure on?"

I tried to think. "No..."

He nodded. "Soojin will check you up again next week. Me or Kun will be changing your bandage every two days."

"Thank you." 

"Also, I'm sorry for not letting Taeyong comfort you," He said. "I didn't want to make you feel traumatized or anything."

"It's okay, I understand," I said honestly. "I'll go talk to him now."

They nodded and I went to Taeyong's room. He was standing in the balcony, drinking a bottle of Soju. I took the bottle away and put it on the table. He didn't glance at me.

"Taeyong..." I said. "Look at me, please."

He took a deep breath before turning to look at me. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I asked, confused.

"For failing to protect you," He said. "I'm a terrible husband."

I hugged him immediately. "It isn't your fault and you're the best husband anyone could ever ask for."

"Please don't say that to make me feel better," He said, pain clear in his eyes and voice. "You marrying me itself is a huge risk to your life."

"Are you forgetting that I was born into a mafia family?"

He kept quiet, thinking about something. Only a few minutes had passed, but it felt like hours.

"Maybe..." He started. "We should... get a divorce."

I felt my heart ache. I wanted to break down at his words, but I knew he really loved me.

"Taeyong?" I said calmly. "Do you love me?"

He just kept quiet, staring at me.

"Tell me you don't love me and I'll walk out of your life this very minute," I said.

"I-I... I don't."

"You're lying."

"No, I'm n-not..."

I sighed in frustrated before pulling him down into a kiss. He hesitated for a few seconds before he started kissing me back. His hands went around my waist, pulling me closer. I broke the kiss, pulling a few inches away.

"Do you love me now?" I whispered.

He took a deep breath before taking one of my hands and placing it on his chest, where I could feel his heart beating rapidly.

"Does this answer your question?" He asked in defeat.

I smiled and nodded. "I love you Taeyong, I'd rather die than live without you."

He leaned his forehead against mine, closing his eyes. "I know, I'm sorry... I'm just trying to protect—"

I shut him up by kissing him again.

-

End of Chapter Twenty-One.