Chapter Five

The "ballroom" looked like a typical expensive club

The "ballroom" looked like a typical expensive club. Well, what did you expect, Miyeon? This place is for the mafias. 

"You aren't wearing your ring," Taeyong said as we took a seat on the sofa.

"I never wear it," I said. I glanced at his fingers and noticed that he was wearing his ring. Why do I feel bad?

He didn't say anything and excused himself to go talk to some people.

I spotted Minnie with Ten in a heated make out session already.

"Hi noona!" Jisung and Chenle, the youngest members of NCT, said in unison as they sat next to me.

"What are you both doing here in a club?" I asked. "You guys are like, two years old."

They laughed and shook their head.

"Yuta hyung says the same thing," Jisung said.

"A two year old can't use a gun, noona," Chenle said and wiggled his eyebrows. I playfully rolled my eyes.

"I'm going to go drink something," I told them. They nodded and I left. I scanned the alcohol bottles in the bar.

"Give me something strong," I said to the bartender. He nodded and started making my drink. He made it within a minute and I gulped it down, feeling the burning sensation in my throat. That was damn strong.

"Well, well, well, it's been quite long, hasn't it?" I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around to face him. My ex-boyfriend of two years and my first everything. We broke up three years ago. He too was a mafia boss of some group.

"Christopher Bang," I said, raising an eyebrow. "Yes, it has been long."

He chuckled. "I go by Bang Chan now, Miyeon."

"I don't care," I said. I felt the alcohol kicking in.

"Of course," He said. "Care to dance?"

I just kept quiet.

"Oh come on! I won't bite," He said softly. "I just wanted to tell you something."

I nodded. He took my hand and led me to the dance floor. He pulled me closer to him as we swayed gently to the music.

"What do you want to say?" I asked.

He sighed. "Miyeon, I still love you."

My breath hitched. "W-What?"

"I lied to you," He said. "I only broke up with you to keep you away from the mafia world."

"You're l-lying..." I said with a hiccup, the tears forming in my eyes, blurring my vision. "You c-cheated on m-me."

"Let me prove it to you," He said. We stopped dancing and he pulled me closer. He began to kiss me passionately. I didn't kiss back and I tried to push him back. It was no use, I was drunk and not strong enough.

Within a few seconds, Bang Chan was on the floor, gripping his face. I noticed blood flowing from his nose. I looked up to see Jaemin and Yuta standing behind me. They had cold looks on their faces as they glared at Bang Chan.

"Don't you dare touch her again," Jaemin spat out coldly. Someone grabbed my hand harshly and pulled me away. I was pushed into the limo that I arrived in. My vision was blurry but I could see red hair.

"T-Taeyong?!" I whisper-yelled.

"Shut the fuck up!" He yelled. "I can't fucking believe this."

My vision was getting blurrier and soon it went black.

-

End of chapter five.