Part 12: Gray Area.

Gabrielle

That boy has been here in my guest room for two days.The first day was me trying to sober him up. He came here drunk, but then after I gave him information he was running from for all these years, he went out and bought more liquor and came back a whole 'nother wreck.

Maan the last time I had to deal with a drunk man was thirty years ago. My husband was a good man, but he sure couldn't handle his liquor. Steve and Ella were never good drinkers either, so they never did drink to the point of passing out and throwing up and all that jazz. It's times like this when I miss my daughter, I miss her a whole lot. I sit with my head rest on the metal chains that hold the swing up on my porch, thinking deeply about how to help this boy. He's like a son to me, and seeing him hurt like this is pain for me too. They both remind me so much of Steve and Ella it is beyond me how Rory hasn't noticed that he is in love with her and has been for years, and how he has suppressed his feelings to the point where he himself believed his own lie.

But I get it in a way... she was with Chad and that break up did something to Rory and Chad both that I will never understand. So they opted to forget everything that happened at college, and move on. And I guess while Rory chose not to date and got hard to her core, Badh decided to let his pipe dream of being with her go and accepted Sheree in. He did love that girl, but I believe the love he had for Aurora stopped him from loving her to the fullest potential. Rory told me he broke up with her or she broke up with him because he wasn't ready to start a family. The whole time I was here saying to myself I wonder if he doesn't realize why really he didn't want a child just yet.

He couldn't handle losing another one, I thought.

They both don't seem to realize how much their past has shaped them down to the tiniest detail.

But...

I sigh and hugged myself underarms, as its getting kinda cold out. Stretching my legs out, I hear them crack. I'm not getting any younger. I need to make sure my granddaughter finds her real self back, and that she learns to forgive others and herself and accept love or Sebastian is in for a hell of a ride!

Wait, then there's Elijah.

Waaaaw...that's a pickle.

What can you do Gabrielle?

"Hey, good morning." I hear behind me, I turn to look by the door and there Bash stood with his hand rubbing his temples. He looks better, tired, hungover, but better.

"Hey youngin', come here." I smile to lighten the mood. He walks over and sits beside me, letting out a heavy sigh.

"I'm so sorry about all of this, I don't know why I did this, this isn't me, you know that you, I just-"

"I know." I say stopping his guilty ramble, "I know you."

I place my hand on his legs and squeeze it endearingly. I need him to know it's okay to be vulnerable, especially now.
He looks at me, his hazel eyes, drooping in doubt and sadness, red due to the remainder of liquor in his system and the lack of good rest. I feel for him.
I see his lips tremble and he sighs and leans back in the swing, his arms folded.

"What am I going to do Gabe?" He asks with a crack in his voice.

"Fight for her," I say, sure of myself. "Fight for Aurora's heart Sebastian."

Aurora

"So you are telling me that you want this ugly cover on your book?" I grimace holding up the grotesque artwork in my hand. It looked like some sort of abstract art, which by the way, to me looks like a bat.