Jimin to the Rescue

"Who is that?" Cindi said grumpily. People visiting them never brought anything good and she wasn't looking forward to another one of Y/N's episodes.

"Let me see. Yes?"

"Y/N, it's Jimin. I need to talk to you." Y/N avoided glancing at her siblings to read their expressions. Doing so would make it look like she was hiding something. And she couldn't refuse to see him, he might start arguing over the buzzer and spill her temporary secret.

"Fine." She grumped, throwing on a wrap.

"What?" She said sharply upon arriving on the first floor. Jimin tapped the glass door between them.

"Can you open this?"

"Nope." He sighed and ran his fingers through his fluffy hair.

"I came to ask you to come back."

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?"

Jin won't let me." Jimin admitted, looking a little guilty.

"Then we don't have anything to talk about." She said, turning to walk away.

"No, Y/N! Wait! What's your biggest concern right now?" He asked desperately. They really couldn't afford to have him off the field. She stopped and turned around, shooting him a glare.

"Oh, I don't know. How about the fact that one of my bosses was assaulted and came to my place and whoever's after him might come after me. I'm not an idiot, Jimin. I know what happens when you drag innocent people into stuff like this." She was getting worked up but stopped herself. They didn't need to know things like that. She already regretted showing Jungkook how much she knew about figuring out assailants.

"So...protection?" He asked, trying to figure out what he could say. She thought about it for a moment, then nodded.

"Okay. We can provide that."

"You couldn't even protect Yoo-Mr. Min. How can you protect us?" Us? Jimin was slightly confused, he hadn't been told about her family yet.

"Well Jin-hyung isn't dead after his assassination attempt a couple months back so obviously we do a pretty good.....shit." Jimin's hand flew to his mouth as he comprehended what he'd just said. Y/N's eyes were wide as she stared at him.

"Um....what?" Jimin coughed awkwardly.  He was so used to almost everyone he knew working in their world that he forgot to censor himself.

"My point is, we have excellent security." Y/N eyed him doubtfully. Assassination attempt? That didn't sound like something she should be involved in.

"Why are you trying so hard to get me back?" She asked, changing the topic. She was genuinely curious as to why they refused to do what they needed to to keep her but wanted her anyway. Jimin scratched the back of his neck.

"Um...well...you're rare."

"Rare?" Y/N echoed, looking slightly confused.

"Yeah. Um...you're not deranged, you work hard, you mind your business....sort of..." He fumbled when she shot him a look. "...you're on time, you haven't slept with Taehyung...in short we need a secretary and it's always a pain in the ass to replace one. It can take months for us to find one that suits us. So we really don't want you to go."

"But I don't get to know what's going on." Jimin shook his head.

"No. But I promise, we have good security. And I really need you back. Yoongi-hyung is helping me with some stuff but someone needs to be around to help him while he recovers. I have to figure out who did this so we're all safe again."

"I thought you were Head of Finance. Is some bank trying to kill us all?"

"Y/N." Jimin said exasperatedly.

"So not Finance." She said, clicking her tongue.

"Aisssh." Jimin threw his hands up in the air. "I can't make you but....it's not like you're going to find a job that pays as well as this, considering you're a foreigner." He had a point. Y/N thought of the three kids sitting upstairs. And she sighed and bowed her head.

"Fine. But if anything happens again, I don't care. You keep me in the dark, I'm out."

"Deal." Jimin placed his palm against the glass. She stared at him. "Since you won't open the door, this'll be our handshake." She rolled her eyes but did tap the glass where his hand was with her finger.

"Good night, Mr. Park."

"See you tomorrow, Y/N." He couldn't help the grin that spread across his face as he walked back to his car. He pulled out his cell phone. "Hey, I need two men to be stationed at..."