That One Time In College

They had unceremoniously been tossed into a dark room with a concrete floor. Y/N winced when her bad arm hit the ground. It had started to hurt less but it would still be another couple weeks before she was healed. She heard Tabitha's quiet sniffling and gave her a hug.

"Cindi, I need you to take my bobby pin out of my hair."

"You have a bobby pin in your hair?"

"Yes, now hurry up." Cindi felt around in the dark until she found Y/N's head. Her fingers skimmed over her sister's soft locks until she located the hard metal and pulled it out.

"Okay?"

"Great, now bend it so it's straight."

"K."

"Give it to me." Y/N held her hand out. "Now here's what's going to happen. I'm going to pick the lock..."

"Why do you know how to pick locks?"

"Focus, Cindi!"

"Sorry." That was Cindi's way, dealing with shocking things, like the possible death of a friend, with humor.

"At college in my freshman year this guy wouldn't leave my roommate alone so I took care of the problem. I had to learn a lot about locks." Cindi decided maybe it was better to not know any more. "I'm going to pick the lock. Take them and run. You'll need to go back to the safe house to get your passports and our money. Do it, go to the airport, and get to Vietnam. Find a hotel and stay there until I come to you."

"What are you going to do?" Y/N sighed as she scooted towards the door and felt the lock. Aaaah, yes this would be a piece of cake.

"I'm....I'm doing bad things for a good reason." Cindi was silent for a moment. They both knew that if Y/N succeeded in her plans her hands would be as dirty as her bosses. But there was no choice. Or at least, it was the least bad choice.

"What if something happens to you?"

"Stay low for two weeks and then try calling them. They'll help you."

"Okay."

Surprisingly, the corridor wasn't being guarded. It was silent, showing Y/N that they probably weren't currently considered important. That made her scared. If Kristy wasn't focusing on her then....that meant someone else was currently in her crosshairs. There was a small window at the end of the corridor. Y/N used her casted hand to smash it and gave her sisters and brother a boost. She hated this. She should be with them. She should help them evade whatever security was out there.

But if she did there was no way in hell those three would ever be safe again, if Bangtan was wiped out. Tab had tears running down her cheeks but she blew Y/N a quick kiss and then all three disappeared from her line of sight. She waited for a moment, anticipating gunshots and yells. But everything was quiet, save for a gentle breeze now blowing through the window. She took a deep breath. Time to light a bitch up.

-

She didn't feel like hiding. She was furious. Angry. She was tired of all this mafia shit. She just wanted to be left alone. It was this attitude that allowed her to get the drop on the first guard. He hadn't expected a small woman sporting a cast, and an attitude, to come running at him and bang him over the head. Her cast unexpectedly was a bit of a lifesaver, acting as both a bludgeon and a shield. The guard dropped and now she was armed.

"Where is she?" She asked the next guard. "She wants me, so let's talk." He hesitatingly pointed down another corridor which ended in some stairs.

"Great, thanks." He was down with one hit over the head. She walked down the hallway and up the stairs into another hall, throwing open doors one by one until she reached one that was locked. Of course. She was high on adrenaline and seriously considered attempting to kick the door down but her knees would make her regret it later. Best not to get too caught up in the hormones flooding her body.

She pulled the bobby pin out and made short work of the lock, twisting the door handle and pushing it open...only to see something she had hoped never in her life to witness.