Where's the Tablet?

"Paper pusher." It was nearing the end of Y/N's shift and she and Yoongi had quieted down, enjoying a companionable silence. Y/N found she actually didn't mind spending time around him. He was funny and pleasant to talk to and true to his word he wasn't making her uncomfortable.

This time Hoseok stood in the doorway, holding fast food. Yoongi shot him a glare.

"Hey, be nice to the invalid."

"Invalid my foot. You could still wring my neck if you wanted to."

"So maybe you should watch what you say." Yoongi shot back, then eyed Hoseok's arms. "What's that for?"

"I thought you might be lonely and want some company for dinner." He smiled apologetically at Y/N. "Sorry, I would've gotten more. I didn't realize you were both working on a project..." Y/N waved him off.

"I'll eat at home." Hoseok settled himself down next to Yoongi and handed him his soft drink. Yoongi leaned against him slightly. Out of all of them, Hoseok was probably the one he was closest too. He had a special relationship with each of his friends but before joining Jin it'd been them both. For the first time in his life, Yoongi had been shown what unconditional love was and had someone who had his back. Hoseok's heart was big and he watched out for his men relentlessly. Until now, working for Hoseok meant your odds of dying on the job were significantly low. No one wanted to deal with the fallout. If he didn't get you then Yoongi would. The fact that that wasn't true anymore weighed heavily on Hoseok.

"Thanks for coming back, Y/N." Hoseok said quietly, sipping his own drink. She was focused on what she was doing and didn't notice that they were both watching her. She just grunted in response, too focused to reply.

"Where'd that damn tablet go." She could've sworn she'd just put it down. She looked up, saw it sitting on Yoongi's desk under a pile of soon-to-be-recycled paper, and shook her head. She always surprised herself with where she mindlessly placed stuff. Had she moved that paper too? She picked it up, letting the paper fall off, uncaring since it would be gone soon anyway.

"Didn't realize you were here." Jin had wandered over, coat in hand, to wish what he thought was just Yoongi and Y/N a good night. Hoseok just shrugged.

"Heading out?" Jin nodded in response.

"I'll see you both tomorrow. Y/N, have a...." Jin was cut off by a loud gasp from Y/N. She was staring at the tablet she'd picked up, hands trembling, face white. Yoongi frowned. He was sure they hadn't put anything related to their activities in the files she had access to. Had something slipped by accidentally...?

Y/N's eyes blurred with tears and one hand gently touched the screen of the tablet she was holding then came up to cover her mouth as she held her breath, trying to keep control. What was this? Why was this here? How had they found this?

It was at that exact moment that Yoongi realized he'd never closed down Jungkook's file. And the tablet had remained in the room.