1

"Jeongguk!" Jimin calls Jeongguk over to sit with him.

"Hey, Chim." Jeongguk sits down with his coffee.

Jeongguk and Jimin have been friends since the beginning of college. Both of them got a room together, they're in the same class but the funny thing is that they a polar opposites. Jimin is work all day party all night while Jeongguk is just work. He hates parties and would much rather study at home.

Currently, Jeongguk was on his break. He worked in the coffee shop around the corner from the college.

"You know you don't have to work Jeongguk. You're fucking loaded." Jimin says and Jeongguk smiles.

"I'm proving to my mother that I don't need her money to get by in life. I'm successful even when I'm in the world alone." Jeongguk states and Jimin laughs.

"Jeongguk, my friend. You don't have to tell me, but it sounds like your mother must've done something very bad for you to act like this. You've been against her even before we knew each other." Jimin says and Jeongguk sighs.

"Yeah, she did. Let's just say she's not my favourite person and I'm not her's." Jeongguk says and Jimin leaves it there, he didn't want to press any further.

Before they could say anything more, Kim Taehyung sits beside Jeongguk and in front of Jimin.

"Hey," Taehyung smiles and Jeongguk looks away from Taehyung.

"Hey, Tae. What's up?" Jimin chirps.

"Yoongi said that you would be here. I was just making sure that you have the things for tomorrow?" Taehyung asks and Jimin nods.

"They're in here somewhere." Jimin begins to rummage through his bag.

As Jimin was searching, Taehyung looked at Jeongguk who was staring out the window.

"Am I too ugly for you Jeon?" Taehyung teases and Jeongguk turns to face Taehyung.

"What?" Jeongguk asks and he shoots Taehyung a confused look.

"You seemed to be in a trance. What were you thinking about? Me?" Taehyung continues to tease Jeongguk.

"Why would I think about you?" Jeongguk retorts and Taehyung smirks.

"Why not?"

If there is one thing Kim Taehyung loves doing, it's annoying the fuck out of Jeon Jeongguk.

"How can one person be so annoying?" Jeongguk asks out loud.

"Ouch." Taehyung states in a monotone voice.

Jeongguk just rolls his eyes before looking out the window again.

Why did Jeongguk have to fall for someone so annoying?

Why did Taehyung have to act like an asshole to the one person the likes?

"Got it!" Jimin pulls out a couple of sheets of paper and hands them to Taehyung.

"You're a star. Thanks, Jimin. I'll see you." Taehyung leaves the cafe.

"I have to get back to work." Jeongguk stands up and Jimin stops him.

"Are you okay?" Jimin asks and Jeongguk nods. Jimin knows that Jeongguk is lying but he leaves it for now.

"Okay, we'll talk about it when you come home." Jimin leaves and Jeongguk just sighs.

**Later**

"Jimin! I'm home!" Jeongguk calls out and Jimin peeks out from the kitchen.

"Jeongguk! Great, I was just making dinner." Jimin calls out and Jeongguk smiles. Jimin wants something.