36

Today all of their friends were visiting which is bound to get hectic but Jeongguk needs it.

"Are you excited for everyone to see the baby?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk sighs.

"I just hope it's not too much. I'm exhausted and I want a nice calm environment." Jeongguk yawns and Taehyung smiles.

"I'll tell them to shut up if they get too loud," Taehyung says and Jeongguk smiles.

They hear some stirring beside them.

"She's awake." Taehyung picks her up and hands her to Jeongguk who begins breastfeeding her.

"How do you feel? To finally have her in your arms?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk sighs.

"Honestly, relieved. I feel as if I have room in my body. Nothing invading my rib space. Nothing pressing down on my bladder. Nothing pressing against my back. I feel comfort." Jeongguk says and Taehyung nods.

"It's been a while since you felt that."

"You have no idea."

After about another hour their friends arrive and Jeongguk was quite happy to see his friends.

"Oh my god! She's the most precious little thing." Tae-Seol coos over her niece.

"You made her? I don't believe you." Jimin jokes and Jeongguk laughs,

"I know that it's exciting and all that she's here but what's her name? You still haven't told us." Yoongi whines and the two parents look at each other.

"You tell them," Jeongguk says and Taehyung nods.

"Jeon-Kim Mirae."

The room went silent.

"Wow. A beautiful name for a beautiful baby." Seokjin smiles as he looks at her.

They were all talking when another familiar face walks in.

"Tae-Sung!" Jeongguk smiles widely.

"Wow, there she is. I can't believe it. It feels like yesterday when I nearly collapsed because you walked in the door to have an ultrasound." Tae-Sung says and Jeongguk laughs.

"Trust me, no one was as shocked as I was when I saw the result on the test. But I wasn't the first to know technically. Jaewon was on a video call with me and I refused to look at the test. Speaking of the only biological uncle and the godfather of my child, where is he?" Jeongguk asks.

"He had to run into work first, he'll be here soon," Tae-Sung says and Jeongguk nods.

"Right okay. And Taehyung, will your mother be here?" Jeongguk looks at Taehyung.

"Not today. When you're at home. She doesn't want to overwhelm you." Taehyung says and Jeongguk smiles.

Another hour passes and it was time for Mirae to be fed. All the boys, except Taehyung, of course, turned away, obviously uncomfortable. Jeongguk silently laughs to himself.

"You guys okay?" Jeongguk mocks and they all nod.

"Yeah. Is there food? Yeah, we're gonna get food." They all walk away.

"I'm so using this against them." Jeongguk smiles evilly.

"You're evil," Taehyung says and Jeongguk laughs.

"I try."

"How does breastfeeding feel?" Tae-Seol asks.

"Weird. Like, very weird." Jeongguk answers.

"Don't you start with your questions again," Taehyung warns and his sister puts her hands up in surrender.

"Fine, fine. I'm gonna get some food too then."

And once again, it was just them two again. Them and their new baby girl.

"I'm still not over how beautiful she looks." Taehyung smiles and Jeongguk agrees.

"I know. And it's kind of hard to believe that she was inside me only yesterday and now here she is." Jeongguk says and Taehyung nods.

"Let's hope now that everything will be okay."

A few days after that they were able to go home. Mirae fell asleep on the car ride down and she wasn't due to be fed for another while so Jeongguk put her in her cot then sat beside his boyfriend on the couch.

"How are you feeling?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk groans.

"Tired. Sore. And so on." Jeongguk says and Taehyung smiles.

"Glad to be home?" Taehyung suggests and Jeongguk nods.

"Yeah. But I'm gonna be sick of seeing the place soon enough. I'm not going to be able to do a lot for the time being." Jeongguk frowns and Taehyung kisses the top of his head.

"It'll be okay. You'll find ways to preoccupy yourself." Taehyung says and before he could say much else, Mirae woke up and started crying.

"That's my cue." Jeongguk stands up and he goes up to his daughter.

He picks her up and brings her downstairs.

"My two favourite people in the world," Taehyung exclaims and his boyfriend rolls his eyes.

"You're such a weirdo."

"What? I'm just being honest." Taehyung says as Jeongguk sits beside him.

"Mhm, you know the mood you're feeling right now. That'll be gone in a week." Jeongguk says and Taehyung smiles.

"I know but at least I'll enjoy my excitement while I can."

**Knock Knock**

"I'll get it." Taehyung stands up and answers the door.

"Mom? You're early." Taehyung says and his mother crosses her arms.

"Is that any way to treat your mother?" She says and Taehyung smiles.

"Hi, mom." He hugs her before inviting her inside.

"Hey-sung!" Jeongguk exclaims and Hye-sung sits down beside Jeongguk.

"Oh my, she's gorgeous. Can I hold her?" She asks and Jeongguk nods as he handed Mirae to her grandmother.

"It's been so long since I held a baby," Hye-sung says and Jeongguk smiles.

"First time holding your granddaughter though," Taehyung says as he sits beside his mother. She gives him a warm smile. Jeongguk leaves to give Taehyung and his mother some time alone.

"I still can't believe it. I'll be honest, I thought Tae-Seol would be the first out of the two of you to have a baby." Hye-sung says and Taehyung smiles.

"Life's full of surprises." 

Mirae recognized the sound of her father's voice and made grabby hands towards him. Taehyung took his daughter off his mother. He held her close and Hye-sung watched with a smile on her face.

"What?" Taehyung felt uncomfortable with his mother looking at him like that.

"Is it weird to say that I'm proud? I feel as if any other mother would tear her son a new one for having a child so young. But I'm not angry or upset. I'm proud." She smiles lightly and Taehyung looks at her looking a bit surprised.

"You're proud?" Taehyung asks while smiling.

"Yeah. I am."