35

"Hey baby. How are you feeling?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk smiles.

"Weird in a way. But then again I can't feel anything below this sheet thing, so." Jeongguk says and Taehyung laughs.

"Well, I presume that's so you can't feel them do whatever they're doing." Taehyung says and Jeongguk rolls his eyes.

"You mean as they cut me open and take our baby out of me." Jeongguk says and Taehyung sighs and nods.

"Yes Jeongguk. As they do that. You're giving me heart attacks. I really don't want to think about the fact that they are literally cutting you open right now." Taehyung says and Jeongguk takes his hand.

"Take a deep breath. Everything is okay." Jeongguk says and Taehyung nods.

"I know, I just...I'm kind of nervous. About becoming a father. I know I've had however many months to prepare myself but now that it's just moments away, I'm scared. I'm really scared." Taehyung says and Jeongguk smiles.

"I am too. But I know that we'll figure it out together. I mean, what more can we do?" Jeongguk says and Taehyung takes a deep breath.

"And also, I'm not going to America." Taehyung says and Jeongguk's eyes widen.

"What? Why? This is an amazing opportunity." Jeongguk says and Taehyung shrugs.

"I know. But I have everything I need right here. I have my friends. I have you. And I'm about to have a newborn baby girl. What more could I want?" Taehyung smiles at his boyfriend.

"I love you." Jeongguk then says, taking Taehyung by complete surprise.

"I love you too."

Then they heard the sound of crying. It was their baby. The doctor held the baby over the curtain and both boys took a look at their daughter.

"Oh my god. We did that." Taehyung says as the nurses took the baby away to get examined.

"Wow. We did that. How did we do that?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung took this opportunity.

"Well, Jeongguk I presume you know where babies come from." Taehyung jokes and Jeongguk scoffs.

"You're so mean. Making fun of me and I just had a baby taken out of me." Jeongguk says and Taehyung laughs.

"That's just my personality. A dickhead even in the worst of situations." Taehyung shrugs and Jeongguk agrees.

Then a nurse came over to them with their daughter in her arms. She turned to Taehyung with a smile.

"Would you like to hold her?" She asks and Taehyung nods before she is handed to him.

"Wow...she's beautiful." Taehyung was trying his best not to cry but it was too hard.

Jeongguk was able to turn his head and look at her as he was being stitched up.

"Just seeing her makes me forget everything bad that happened during this pregnancy. And I already love her so much." Jeongguk smiles and Taehyung nods.

"I would do anything to protect her. Anything."

Finally, Jeongguk was done being stitched up they were moved to the operating room where Jeongguk could finally hold his baby for the first time.

He was silent.

He didn't know what to say. This baby that he carried inside of him for months was now laying in his arms and staring up at him with her big doe eyes.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" Taehyung says and Jeongguk nods.

"Stunning."

"We all know who she gets that off of." Taehyung comments and Jeongguk laughs.

"She has your eyes. The two different eyelid shapes. And her eyes are a darker brown than mine. More like yours." Jeongguk says and Taehyung smiles.

"Look at her tiny nose. She's the most adorable little thing I've ever seen." Taehyung goes to take her hand and she takes a hold of his finger.

"Look!" Taehyung felt so excited. This was it. This is is his daughter. And God help anyone who tries to hurt her.

"Did you call everyone?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung shakes his head.

"No. Not yet." Taehyung responds and Jeongguk gives him a look.

"Okay, okay. I'll call them." Taehyung sits down and takes out his phone to see a rake of missed calls. He calls his sister first and prays that she'll pick up considering the fact that it's nearly two in the morning.

'Taehyung! What the hell?! Why weren't you answering?!'
'Jesus, Tae-Seol. Don't yell. I'm at the hospital.'
'Hospital?! What?! Is everything okay?'
'Yeah. She's here.'
'...I'M AN AUNT?!'
'Ow! Yes, you're an aunt.'

The rest of that phone call consisted of Tae-Seol yelling at Seokjin that she's an aunt and Seokjin trying to tell her in the nicest way possible to shut the fuck up.

And as that phone call was going on, the nurse was trying to show Jeongguk how breastfeeding works.

"So, like this?" Jeongguk asks and the nurse nods.

"Yeah, pretty much. And then just stay like that until she's done." She says and Jeongguk nods.

"Okay..." The nurse walks away.

"This feels weird." Jeongguk mumbles to himself and then Taehyung turns around.

"My sister and Seokjin have been notified. And you're already breastfeeding." Taehyung says and Jeongguk nods.

"Yeah, I know. It's weird." Jeongguk smiles and Taehyung shrugs.

"It'll all become second nature to you soon enough." Taehyung says and Jeongguk smiles.

"I was just thinking about how this baby has our dna. She is going to be one crazy person." Jeongguk laughs and Taehyung joins him.

"Yeah well, crazy or not as long as she's happy, I'm happy."

When Jeongguk was done breastfeeding, Taehyung took her just so he could hold her again.

"Sing to her." Jeongguk says and Taehyung laughs.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Really. You sang to her when she was inside me. Why not now?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung sighs in defeat.

He begins singing to her and her curious eyes that were always looking around the room were now focused on the familiar sound of her father's voice. Her arms started moving and she just stared up at Taehyung.

"She recognises your voice." Jeongguk says and Taehyung smiles as he continues to sing.

The three of them just sat there. The new parents and their newborn baby.

Everything was so peaceful and relaxed and Taehyung and Jeongguk couldn't help but smile. This is where they were supposed to be. And nothing could get in the way of their happiness. Everything from here on will be okay. Or well, so they thought. But as wonderful as it is to have their baby born and in this world. The challanges they now have to face will be a lot more difficult than before.