8

"Bye, Jae. I love you."

"Bye, Guk. I love you too and remember to stay strong."

Jeongguk closed his laptop and he picked up the pregnancy test. Two lines. Pregnant.

"So much for proving to myself that I was wrong," Jeongguk says to himself.

"And as for you," Jeongguk looks down at his stomach.
"You better be a good surprise for everyone because I don't know what I'd do if you aren't."

He looks at the test again but this time he smiles.

"I'm pregnant."

"Excuse me! You are what?!" Jeongguk quickly turns his head to see Jimin. He had just walked in and Jeongguk never heard him. The bags Jimin was holding were now sprawled on the ground as Jimin had dropped them in shock.

"Jimin! D-Did you just get in?" Jeongguk asks and Jimin narrows his eyes at Jeongguk.

"Show me." Jimin gestures to the test in Jeongguk's hand.

"W-What?" Jeongguk looks at the test.

"Is that the test?" Jimin asks and Jeongguk nods.

"Can I see it?" Jimin asks and Jeongguk hands the test to him.

"Positive. You're pregnant." Jimin looks up at Jeongguk. Jeongguk smiles.

"Yeah. I'm pregnant." Jeongguk holds his stomach.

Jimin runs up to Jeongguk and he hugs him. Jeongguk returns the hug. He felt warm, safe and relieved.

"You're going to be a father. You." Jimin says and Jeongguk smiles.

"Me. Can you believe it Jiminie?" Jeongguk says and Jimin shakes his head.

"No! Jeongguk I can't believe it." Jimin pulls out of the hug.

"Well, you better believe it," Jeongguk says and Jimin laughs.

"Are you okay with it? I mean yeah I'm happy for you but are you happy?" Jimin asks and Jeongguk stops to think. Is he happy?

"I don't know. Should I be?" Jeongguk asks and Jimin panics. He should've kept his mouth shut.

"Yes. You should be." Jimin says and Jeongguk nods.

"Yeah, I should be. But I'm more scared. Jimin, I'm terrified." Jeongguk sits down and Jimin sits beside him.

"That's natural, Jeongguk. You're going to feel scared. But I'm here for you. A lot of people will be. So, don't feel too scared." Jimin says and Jeongguk nods.

"Yeah. Okay. I'm going to get through this." Jeongguk says and Jimin nods.

"You can. I know you can." Jimin says and Jeongguk takes a deep breath.

"When are you telling Taehyung?" Jimin asks and Jeongguk's heart drops.

"T-Tell Taehyung?" Jeongguk looks at Jimin with slight fear.

"Yeah. He is the father." Jimin says and Jeongguk holds his head in his hands.

"Oh god. How the hell am I supposed to tell him? 'Hey, remember last month at Jimin's party? Yeah, I'm pregnant uwu'. How do you think that will fair with him?" Jeongguk rants and Jimin bites his lip.

"Jeongguk, you know you have to," Jimin says and Jeongguk sighs.

"Yeah, I know. But it's going to be hard. I don't know what he'll think." Jeongguk says and Jimin nods.

"He could have any kind of reaction," Jimin says and Jeongguk groans.

"That's what I'm scared of. I'm scared of his reaction and I shouldn't be. I should be angry at him but I'm still in love with him. And I hate it! I don't want to be in love with him. But I am. And now I'm pregnant with his child and I'm scared he'll hate me. I'm scared that he will avoid me because of a mistake we both made." Jeongguk begins to cry again.

"I wouldn't say mistake. That's a bit harsh. Maybe a happy accident." Jimin attempts to lighten the mood.

"Happy accident?" Jeongguk looks up at Jimin.

"Yeah. And also there's no need to be worried or scared. Even if his dumb ass rejects you, you have us." Jimin says and Jeongguk smiles.

"Reassuring. So, how am I going to tell him?" Jeongguk asks and Jimin shakes his head.

"We'll figure that out later. For now you should rest. You must be really stressed and that isn't good for you or the baby." Jimin says and Jeongguk nods but one word lingers in his mind.

Baby.
The baby.
His baby.

"Yeah." Jeongguk looks down at his stomach and he holds it.

"My baby."

**The Next Day**

"Hey. Good morning." Jimin smiles and Jeongguk groans.

"Lemme guess. Not a wink of sleep." Jimin says and Jeongguk scoffs.

"Instead I cried the entire night."

"Gukkie. You can't be putting too much stress and pressure on yourself. It's not good for the baby or yourself." Jimin says and Jeongguk sighs.

"I know but I can't help it. I don't know how to get through this." Jeongguk says and Jimin purses his lips.

"You get through it by taking whatever comes at you. Pregnancy is unpredictable and I know that you can take whatever comes at you. You're that good." Jimin gives Jeongguk a back hug.

"Can I?" Jeongguk asks and Jimin nods.

"Of course you can. I believe in you." Jimin says and Jeongguk smiles.

"Thanks, Jiminie. I'm gonna need more of that." Jeongguk says and Jimin laughs.

"You'll get it. Don't worry."

"It's feels weird." Jeongguk suddenly says and Jimin pulls out of the hug.

"What does?" Jimin asks and Jeongguk sits back.

"I keep thinking that there's a little human inside of me. That I was a part of making. My baby." Jeongguk looks down at his stomach.

"It seems surreal. And something I thought would never happen to me. And as much as I am scared I now realise how much I am excited. I'm excited to see my baby." Jeongguk holds his stomach as a few tears slip down his cheeks.

"That's good. You're excited. There's your positive emotion. Now, hold onto that. Hold onto how you feel and that's half the battle." Jimin days and Jeongguk takes a deep breath.

"I can't wait to see you. But I can wait nine months. As long as you're healthy." Jeongguk says and Jimin smiles.

"You're already talking to them. You've taken this very well. Better than expected." Jimin says and Jeongguk smiles.

"I want to be as positive as possible. Dwelling on it won't do anything good. If anything it would do more bad than good. So staying positive is the best thing I can do. For my sake. And for the sake of my baby.