38

"Hey mom." Taehyung hugs his mother before letting her inside.

"Thank you again for taking care of Mirae. I know the hour drive is tiring." Taehyung says and his mother rolls her eyes.

"I don't mind at all. I get to see my granddaughter everyday." Hye-sung says and Taehyung smiles.

"I still feel bad." He says and his mother gives up.

"If it bothered me as much as you think it does, then you'd hear all about it Kim Taehyung." She says and Taehyung sighs.

"Okay. As long as you're sure."

Then Jeongguk came downstairs with their daughter in his arms.

"I just fed her so you won't have to do that for a while." Jeongguk hands her to Hye-sung.

"Okay. Now you two, get to class. I don't want you to be late."

They say goodbye before leaving for class. The get into Taehyung's car before driving off.

"Are you still going for lunch with Mingyu after classes?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk sighs.

"I don't know." Jeongguk says with a slight frown. Taehyung furrows his eyebrows.

"Why not? Is it because of me?" He asks and Jeongguk shakes his head.

"No. I just don't really feel up to it." Jeongguk says and Taehyung sighs.

"Listen Jeongguk, you don't have to but I'd prefer if you got out of the house. Go out. Have fun. Even for half an hour." Taehyung says and Jeongguk nods.

"Okay. It won't be for long though."

They arrive at the college and they walk to class together. They sit down beside their friends. Yugyeom pulls Jeongguk into a hug.

"Hey, Jeongguk! We've missed you." Mingyu says and Jeongguk laughs.

"I know. How could you not?" Jeongguk jokes and Yugyeom rolls his eyes.

"How's your daughter?" Mingyu asks and Jeongguk gives him a small smile.

"She's good. She still has taken over our lives but she's good." Jeongguk says and his friends smile.

"Oh yeah, Jeongguk, are you still good for later?" Mingyu asks and Jeongguk hesitates before answering.

"Yeah. I can't wait. Its been ages since it was just us." Jeongguk says and Mingyu frowns. He could sense that Jeongguk wasn't as excited as he wanted to make himself sound.

"You sure you don't want to reschedule?" Mingyu asks and Jeongguk looks at Taehyung before looking at his friend again.

"No, it's fine. I need to get out of the house anyway." Jeongguk says so as to not disappoint Taehyung.

"Okay."

The class starts and they get through the day slowly until the day was over. Taehyung returned home while Jeongguk and Mingyu went to the cafe they usually went to. They sat down and ordered their usual things.

"So," Mingyu gains Jeongguk's attention, "how's life?"

"Eh, okay. As you know, my life hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows this past year." Jeongguk answers and Mingyu sighs.

"That's true. How is Mirae?" He asks and Jeongguk sighs.

"She's good. She's four and a half months now." Jeongguk takes a sip of his coffee and Mingyu nods.

"That's good. Why did you sigh before answering?" Mingyu asks and Jeongguk shakes his head.

"It's nothing." Jeongguk answers.

"It's obviously something. Is there something up?" Mingyu pushes and Jeongguk shakes his head again.

"No."

"Is it Taehyung?" He asks and Jeongguk shifts uncomfortablely in his seat.

"Mingyu-"

"You know, I never thought that he would treat you right. The way you deserve to be treated." Mingyu and Jeongguk frowns.

"No, that's not-"

"You deserve better. Better than him. You're too nice. Too forgiving. Did you forget what he did to you?" Jeongguk really wants the run away. Get out of the situation.

"What? He sleeps with you then leaves you and he gets to play father? Why's that? And then he controls you? Was it him who decided that you couldn't date because you were pregnant?" Mingyu asks and Jeongguk just sat there in a state of shock. How could he be talking him down so much? And does he not know how much this is affecting Jeongguk?

"You don't undsrstand. You-"

"No Jeongguk. You don't understand. All he's done to you. He treated you like shit and you were so willing to run back into his arms." Mingyu says and Jeongguk really felt like crying.

"What Taehyung has done is nothing like I've experienced before. Nothing. And even if it did affect me as much as you think it did, at least he made up for it. Unlike some people in my life." Jeongguk says and Mingyu scowls.

"Hey, Jeongguk." Hoseok and Yoongi comes up to their table and Jeongguk has never felt more relieved.

"Hey, Hobi, Yoongi. Everything okay?" Jeongguk asks.

"Jeongguk, Tae-Seol has been trying to get through to you. I think it's about Taehyung." Yoongi says and Hoseok nods. Jeongguk's eyes go wide as he stands up from his seat.

"Mingyu, I have to go. Here." He gives Mingyu money for the bill before exiting the cafe with Yoongi and Hoseok. He stands outside as he takes out his phone but Yoongi stops him.

"Tae-Seol wasn't looking for you." Yoongi says and Jeongguk furrows his eyebrows.

"What? But you said-"

"It was a lie. Taehyung's fine. I presume he's at home with Mirae." Hoseok says and Jeongguk frowns.

"Why?"

"Because, that bastard was saying things that, a, weren't true and b, were making you extremely uncomfortable. We couldn't stand to listen to that idiot any longer." Yoongi says and Hoseok tells him to calm himself.

"What he was saying was not right. He doesn't know the full story. Hell, none of us except for you and Taehyung know. He has no right to make a judgement like that." Hoseok says and Jeongguk frowns.

"But what if he was right? Not about Taehyung. About me. Maybe my mother was right. I am a whore." Jeongguk says and Yoongi takes his hand.

"No Jeongguk. You are not a whore. Or a slut. Or anything like that. Mingyu was not right about anything. Please don't think like that." Yoongi says and Jeongguk looks at the ground.

"Jeongguk, what's eating at you? I can tell that there's something." Hoseok says and the youngest sighs. He looks around before looking at Yoongi and Hoseok again.

"Can I tell you somewhere else? Somewhere with...less people." Jeongguk asks and Yoongi and Hoseok nod.

"Of course. Let's go to our apartment."