34

Week: 40
Date: June 9th

Jeongguk walked into the empty house. He was out with Jimin because he'd been stuck inside for the week and he needed to go outside. Taehyung was at work and he wouldn't be home for another hour and a half so Jeongguk decided to make dinner to keep himself occupied.

Everything was going fine, the dinner was cooking and Jeongguk sat down to rest. His phone started ringing.

Baby Daddy 👶💜 is calling...

Jeongguk smiles as he picks up the phone.

'Hello.'
'Hey, baby.'
'Why are you disturbing me and my peace?'
'I only wanted to see if my boyfriend was okay and not about to give birth but fine. If you wanna be like that.'
'Wait, no. I'm sorry. I'm fine, don't worry. I have dinner on, what time will you be home at?'
'You didn't have to make dinner.'
'Taehyung, how many times do I have to say, I'm pregnant, not helpless.'
'I know, I know. I'll be home in an hour. I'll see you then.'
'I'll see you. Bye.'
'Bye.'

Jeongguk hangs up the phone and smiles.

"That was your father. He should be home soon so in the meantime I guess I could tidy up a bit." Jeongguk does as he says and by the time he was done, dinner was nearly ready. He got the table set up and he noticed a letter on the table.

"I told him to stop leaving his stuff of the table. I swear one of these days I'll kill him." Jeongguk mumbles to himself and he picks up the letter to put it away but the logo caught his eye.

"What?" Jeongguk looks at the letter and as he read it his heart dropped.

He put the letter on the counter and continued to set the table and finish up the dinner.

Finally, Taehyung came home and Jeongguk immediately got up to greet him.

"Hello, baby." Taehyung wraps his arms around Jeongguk's waist and he kisses him.

"Mhm, hi." Jeongguk mumbles into the kiss.

"And hello to you too." Taehyung drops down to Jeongguk's stomach and places a kiss on it.

"You're so cheesy." Jeongguk says and Taehyung stands up again.

"And you're saying that you don't like my cheesyness?" Taehyung says and Jeongguk crosses his arms.

"Shut up." Jeongguk walks into the kitchen with Taehyung following. Jeongguk was getting ready to dish out the food when Taehyung hugged him from behind.

"Taehyungie, I'm trying to get the food ready." Jeongguk whines.

"Just two more seconds." Taehyung hugs Jeongguk tighter.

"Rough day at work?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung nods.

"I just want to relax now." Taehyung says and Jeongguk smiles.

"Okay, we'll eat first then relax. Does that sound good? Because I don't know about you but I'm starving and this food is just calling my name." Jeongguk says and Taehyung kisses his cheek.

"Okay." He sits at the table and soon enough they start eating. Everything was going fine but Jeongguk wanted to know about the letter that he read earlier on.

"Taehyung?" Jeongguk begins to tidy the table up.

"Yeah, what's up?" Taehyung asks and he helps Jeongguk.

"You left your letter on the table. I didn't mean to read it but I couldn't help it when I saw the logo...you got a scholarship in America for a year? Why didn't you tell me? Did you think I would be angry or something?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung was speechless for a second. And apparently that was one second too long.

"What? Jeongguk, wait n-" He was cut off by Jeongguk letting out a cry of pain as he keeled over.

"OW! Shit! Taehyung!" Jeongguk yelled as Taehyung rushes to his side.

"Is it the baby?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk nods.

"I-I think so." Jeongguk says and Taehyung takes a deep breath.

"Okay, sit over here. I'm going to sit with you and we're going to count the contractions to see how it's going. Have you been getting contractions all day?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk nods.

"Well, kind of. They started just before I came home but they weren't as intense so I just thought that they were braxton hicks but they slowly got more intense and closer together. So, now I-" Jeongguk cut himself off as he squeezed Taehyung's hand.

They both sat there on the chair, counting how long the contractions last and how long in between.

"You're doing great baby." Taehyung made sure to complement Jeongguk every once in a while just to try and keep a positive mindset on Jeongguk.

And finally it was time to head to the hospital. The contractions were about three minutes apart and they were lasting for about a minute.

"Are you ready to go to the hospital?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk nods immediately.

"I've been ready for months, let's go."

Taehyung grabs the hospital bag and he guides Jeongguk out to the car and starts driving to the hospital.

After what felt like hours of Jeongguk yelling at Taehyung to drive faster and Taehyung trying not to crash the car, they finally arrived at the hospital.

They head inside and Taehyung immediately heads up to the main desk.

"My boyfriend is in labor." Was all he had to say and suddenly there was a  nurse with a wheelchair with about 5 other nurses following after. They sat Jeongguk into the wheelchair and rushed both Taehyung and Jeongguk to labor and delivery.

Everything felt as if it was going fast paced. One second Taehyung was filling out some paperwork and the next thing he knows he's about to go into the room where his child is going to be born.

"I don't know if I can do this." Taehyung mumbles to himself and then a nurse walks up to him.

"Are you nervous?" He asks and Taehyung laughs nervously.

"What? No. I'm fine. I'm...I'm absolutely terrified." Taehyung says and the nurse laughs.

"I remember when my wife gave birth to our first child. I felt as if I wasn't good enough for him. I felt as if everything I was doing or going to do was wrong. But hey, I survived and now baby number three is on her way. So, if I can do it, so can you." The nurse smiles at him before entering the room.

"I can do it. Everything will be fine."