15

"Bye, mom." Taehyung hugs his mother before getting into his car. Taehyung looks over at Jeongguk who was texting Jimin on his phone.

"Everything okay?" Taehyung asks as he starts up his car.

"Yeah. Jimin was just wondering how it went. I told him that it went terribly and that I'm fleeing to America." Jeongguk jokes and Taehyung laughs.

"I told you. She loves you more than she loves me." Taehyung says and Jeongguk nods.

"Especially after what Tae-Seol told her," Jeongguk says and Taehyung groans.

"Oh god. I can't be left alone with her. She's gonna kill me." Taehyung mutters and Jeongguk laughs.

"If you want I'll protect you," Jeongguk says and Taehyung smiles.

"I think I need protection from her," Taehyung says and Jeongguk rolls his eyes.

"I'm sure you'll be fine. But what about our little plan. How are we gonna convince my mother that we're together?" Jeongguk asks as he plays with his thumbs. He knows that whatever they say will not affect her. She hates him according to Jeongguk and Jeongguk is worrying about how much that will show while Taehyung's there. He's never even told Jimin what she's fully like.

"We can work out things like first date and anniversaries and stuff like that. Just in case she asks." Taehyung says and Jeongguk nods.

"And she will. That woman can't keep her nose out of everyone's business." Jeongguk mutters before both of them work out their fake relationship story.

**At Jeongguk's House**

Taehyung pulls up at Jeongguk's home. Jeongguk had a sickly feeling in his stomach as Taehyung turned the car off and he couldn't move.

"I really don't have a good feeling about this," Jeongguk says and Taehyung frowns.

"Listen, whatever happens, I'll be here. If you want to go home just tell me and we'll go back to the college." Taehyung says and Jeongguk smiles.

"Thank you, Taehyung. Now my fake boyfriend, shall we enter hell in a home?" Jeongguk asks and Taehyung laughs.

"Let's go." They both get out of the car and they link hands as they walk up to the door. Jeongguk knocks before opening the door and walking inside.

"Hello?" Jeongguk calls out and a woman and a younger man appear from the room beside them.

"Hey, Jaewon. Hey, Mom." Jeongguk gives his mother a hug first before hugging Jaewon. As he does this he tells Jaewon about his and Taehyung's little plan. They pull out of the hug and Jaewon gives a small nod, understanding why Jeongguk would want to fake a relationship around their mother, especially with his situation.

"Mom, Jaewon, this is Kim Taehyung. My boyfriend." Jeongguk goes back up beside Taehyung and Taehyung wraps his arm around Jeongguk's waist.

"It's lovely to meet you." Taehyung sticks his hand out for his mother to take which she does hesitantly.

"You too." She says back, although it sounded forced. Taehyung kept a smile but inwardly he was like 'what the fuck?'. He did the same to Jaewon and when Jaewon shook his hand he squeezed it a bit. Taehyung pulled his hand back as he continued smiling through the pain.

Yeah, it seems Jeongguk's family doesn't like him. So far anyway.

"Do you want to help with dinner?" She asks and Jeongguk nods. They head out to the kitchen. Jeongguk and Taehyung begin to help around the kitchen with dinner.

"You can sit if you want," Jeongguk suggests and Taehyung shakes his head.

"If anyone should be sitting it's you," Taehyung says and Jeongguk sighs.

"I'm fine. It's only a bit of kitchen work. Nothing too labour intensive." Jeongguk defends and Taehyung smiles.

"You sure?" Taehyung asks and Jeongguk nods.

"One-hundred per cent."

"Also, Jeongguk," Taehyung whispers and Jeongguk looks at him.

"I don't think your family likes me." He finishes and Jeongguk laughs.

"Give it time. They'll warm up to you...hopefully." Jeongguk says and Taehyung's eyes widen.

"Hopefully?" He asks and Jeongguk nods.

Well fuck.

Soon enough, dinner was done and everyone was sitting at the table. Jeongguk still had a sickly feeling and the atmosphere here was tense unlike it was a Taehyung's. Jeongguk hated it.

"This is really nice, Mrs Jeon." Taehyung complements.

"Thank you. So, you two are together?" She asks and Jeongguk just sighs to himself.

Off she goes. Her little interrogation.

"That's right. I've never been happier." Jeongguk says and his mother nods.

"Right, and how'd you get together?" She asks and Taehyung smiles.

"Well, it's quite a cute one," Taehyung says and Jeongguk nudges him as if he was embarrassed. Acting on point.

"Back in October of freshman year, we were paired together for a project because we're in the same class." Taehyung begins.

"We went to this cafe to work on the project but instead we ended up talking to each other, getting to know one another. It was really nice." Jeongguk continues.

"Me being me, I said that this was kind of like a date rather than a project for school and Jeongguk went quiet. I'm confused so I look up to see a very embarrassed Jeongguk trying and failing to hide his red cheeks with his hands." Taehyung laughs a bit and Jeongguk rolls his eyes.

"Then after seeing my reaction, he said 'let's make this a date so' and I nearly died. All I could do was nod because my voice was completely gone." Jeongguk says and Taehyung smiles.

"Definitely the best day of my life was when I met you," Taehyung says and Jeongguk blushes. Jeongguk thought it was still acting but no. Taehyung meant that.

"Well, don't you two have a little fairytale love story?" Jaewon says and Jeongguk smiles.

"You're just jealous because I have someone and you don't." Jeongguk shrugs and Jaewon rolls his eyes.

"Mhm, whatever."

Many questions later and dinner was finally over. They took the conversation into the living room where Jeongguk decided to tell his mother the big news.

"Mom, I'm guessing Dad won't be home," Jeongguk asks. He really wanted to tell everyone.

"Nope. He's got his head stuck in work." His mother answers and Jeongguk nods.

"Right, well there's something I want to tell you," Jeongguk says and his mother nods slowly.

"Is it something bad?" She asks and Jeongguk hesitates.

"I suppose it depends on how you take it. I don't think that it bad. In fact, I'm very happy." Jeongguk says and she nods.

"Okay, what is it?"

Jeongguk takes a deep breath.

"I'm pregnant."