19

GCSE's are over!!!! I had my last day at school yesterday and it still hasn't sunk in. Feeling pretty overwhelmed at the moment, not to mention the fact that this boy finally said he liked me after 7 months of messaging. He was drunk... but let's not focus on that part 😉
____

Eddie hates everything.

Not too long ago the world was looking bright and bursting with colours, happiness arising around each corner and over every peak. But now everything is bland, dark, lonely. The small teenager hasn't felt so low for a while, hip bones more prominent than usual as he lay silent on his bed, staring up at the same ceiling yet again. The ceiling that is plastered swirls of white and patterns of light which cascade across it from his light-shade. It doesn't look so pretty as it used to, probably because Eddie has spent far too long staring at every detail, picking out the minor errors. In fact, Eddie hasn't moved for almost an entire three days, not only that, his bedroom door is closed, leaving him alone within the four walls of his favourite hideout. He wants to see Richie and tell him how much he loves him, kiss his perfect face and breathe in the smell of cigarettes mixed with cologne. But he can't.

Eddie finally rolls onto his stomach with a sigh, reaching his hand towards the polaroid pictures taped above his bed frame. Carefully, he removes one, slowly bringing it level to his face and admiring the photograph. It's one of Richie at the quarry, grinning goofily at the Eddie who stood behind the camera before snapping the picture, giggling as always. The sad teen smiles subtly at the memory, his thumb gently running over the picture as if to somehow send a message to Richie – letting him know how much he loves him.

He lets out long breath and puts the picture to one side. It's only been three days, but to Eddie it feels like an eternity without Richie. He misses the lanky, hilarious, simply ridiculous teenager more than anyone could understand. Especially not his mother.

Eddie bites harsh at his lower lip and reaches his hand underneath his pillow, letting his fingers explore the empty space before clutching onto the familiar thing. He gently pulls it out form underneath the material, another polaroid picture, but this time he hid it away. Looking at the photo, he remembers why. The grainy picture couldn't make it more obvious that Eddie is in love with Richie Tozier, even from such a simple image. It's one that Beverly took at their most recent sleepover, Eddie straddling Richie on the sofa, foreheads resting together and smiling into each other's eyes. It's the image of pure happiness. One that Eddie can only wish won't become a distant memory.

Daydreaming of better times, Eddie catches a fright when his bedroom door opens suddenly, making him frantically stuff the picture back underneath his pillow with a breath hitched within his throat. He quickly looks up, only to see his mother stood in the doorway.

"Eddie-bear, I think we need to talk." She says with a sympathetic curl in her lips, silently closing the door behind herself. Eddie processes what the woman says before nodding wearily, pushing himself up from his stomach to sit cross-legged on the mattress. Sonia approaches respectfully, sitting down beside her son with a glint of guilt within her eyes. "What I said was wrong, Eddie." She looks over at Eddie with a small sigh.

"I know." Eddie whispers, trying to avoid her eyes. All she's going to do is try and persuade him to break up with Richie anyway. Why should he co-operate with her?

"I want you to be happy." She continues, and Eddie watches her words intently. "I know how happy you've been these past weeks, it's been amazing to see you enjoying life so much here. But I also can't help but remember a period of time when you couldn't eat, or drink, or leave the house because of a person that let you down, Eddie. The same person you think you're in love with?"