29

Oh hey cuties, how are y'all?
It was my 17th the other day and damn I'm feeling old🥵
____

After school, Richie makes the conscious decision to bring Eddie along with him to visit his mom. He has time to visit her about once a week within hours, but usually puts it off. Not because he doesn't care, it's more due to the fact that he finds it heartbreaking to see a woman that he loves so much suffering mentally. Not only that, but Richie hasn't been able to bring up much about his twin brother and how it was kept a secret from him for so long. However, he still can't help but put all of the blame on his father, after all he was the cause of all of the huge changes in Richie's life recently which he had no control over himself.

The teenager is known for putting up a false facade of 'everything's fine', when in reality he's struggling more now than ever before. Everything seems so foreign to him; new family, new house, no father, new life. But most importantly he misses his mother. No matter what, a boy needs his mother when times get rough, and not having Maggie around anymore makes Richie feel partly insane. There's only so much he can vent to friends without someone getting offended and now he loathes for the precious time he used to spend talking to his mom.

The sound of the seatbelt snapping into place collects Richie from his thoughts suddenly. He turns towards Eddie.

"Are you sure you want me to come?" Eddie is looking back at him, eyes aching with concern.

"What?" Richie laughs, one that sounds absolutely fake. He cringes afterwards and shakes his head. "I mean, yeah. Why wouldn't I?"

Eddie shrugs timidly. "I dunno... It seems very personal."

"It's ok, Eds." He places a reassuring hand onto Eddie's thigh and sighs. His eyes wander downwards so he can see how large his hand is in comparison to Eddie's tiny physique. "It'll take about half an hour to get there if that's ok?" He questions, looking up to meet Eddie's eyes again.

"That's okay." The smaller displays a warm smile.

"Sure? Won't your mom go ballistic?" Richie frowns suddenly.

Eddie rolls his eyes a little, but thankfully Richie doesn't seem to notice. Of course his mother's strict guidelines would be brought into conversation. He sighs finally, "It's fine, Chee."

Richie doesn't agree with him right away, and continues to silently question the proposal for a few moments longer. The thought of Sonia letting Eddie out after school without it being planned in advance is not possible. How will he get away with this?

"I said it's fine, c'mon." Eddie pleads with growing annoyance.

"Okay okay," Richie raises his arms up in false surrender. He shakes his head a little and reaches down to lift the hand-break so they can finally leave the school parking lot. "I just don't want you getting in trouble." He mutters as they pull away.

"I won't." Eddie just mumbles and turns to face the window now. He can't actually guarantee that he won't get his head eaten off later by Sonia, but the sheer lack of freedom has sparked some annoyance within him now.

The first half of the journey is mostly silent. Richie attempts to start a few conversations but the times Eddie actually turns to read his lips he still only replies with a quiet mutter. He's just frustrated. His eighteenth birthday is not too far away now and he's still being treated like a child. The constant dwell of his mother always looming over him needs to stop at some point, and Eddie's started to recognise that he'll have to make a stand himself.

However, his thoughts are cut off however when he's tapped on the shoulder. He snaps his head towards Richie, who's eyes are glued to the road.

"Have you seen Bower's recently?" The taller questions casually, and Eddie feels his stomach drop.