Chapter 57 : Costumes and Nightmares

Anna's POV:

Alyn's been absent for two days due to his body pain. Ethan and I are now on our way to school.

"I think you should've rest. You look stiff since yesterday" he said, conerned

"It would be suspicious if I did" I replied, "So, how's Lia?"

He didn't respond, instead he looks away from my gaze. I sighed, already thinking that there's another guy who'll break the poor girl's heart.

"I'm nervous, okay?" he turns to me, blushing

My mouth dropped

"This is the first ever serious relationship. I don't what to do, I don't  want to fuck this up" he continued as he shook me back and fourth

"I feel like you're lying" I said, giving him the look

He took a deep breath, "What the hell Anna, does it look like I'm lying?" with this worried expression

I guess he's really not? His eyes speaks the truth but his personality doesn't. So it's like so-so.

"I can't trust a womanizer like you" I replied, sadly

He made an expression, it seemed like it hit him. That's nice.

"Believe me I'm trying to change!" he stomps his foot

"Prove it" I pointed a finger to his chest, "I don't trust you because you looked like one of those hosts from clubs"

"Well" he scratched his head as we continued walking, "I was like that, once. As a part time job" he chuckled nervously

"You what?!" I yelled, completely horrified, "You know that's against the school rules and you're only 17!"

"I needed the money!" he yelled back, "But please please please don't mention that in school" he begged

"Only if you're serious with your relationship" I decided, "But if ruining your reputation isn't enough, I'll beat you up" and I clenched my fist

"I am going to be serious, whatcha talking about?" he replied with his chin up, "I'm going to make her happy"

I swear this guy was into me few days ago. I could not trust him just yet. I'm keeping an eye on him if he does anything weird.

-----

Anna's POV:

Things have been going so smooth. Play is near and I'm both excited and nervous. I can't really move or stretch well. It hurts but I'm good.

"Anna" Yu waved in front of me, "Can you try on your costume?"

"Which one?" I asked

"For your boy role" he added

I nodded and went to the dressing room. I first took out my chest binder from my bag, I'll be wearing this through the entire play. I removed my bra and looked over myself from the mirror. My hair, covering each breast.

"I'm not flat" I pouted, staring at my boobs, "Am I?"

Then this tingly feeling rushed down my spine. Alyn's words were stuck on my head, the words he said about my chest.

I shrugged it off.

"Fuck you" I whispered under my breath

I put on my binder, making sure I'm placing my boobs at the right spot with no discomfort or whatsoever. Then the rest of the clothing.

My costume isn't that complicated. I only needed a wig to look more like a guy.

I take out my sword and looked over myself in the mirror once again.