Chapter 64 : New kid on the block

Anna's POV:

A week has passed and things have been going pretty well. I've gotten the hang of cooking lunches with the help of Alyn. Although he spends the majority of the time annoying and teasing me.

It is always the same routine everyday. After school, I go to club, then I go back to my house and practice cooking, and I go back to the dorm. I've decided that on weekdays, I just exercise in my room and the gym on weekends. If I fall asleep in class, Alyn just let me copy his notes.

I get really annoyed on how neat his handwriting is. His notes are so organized and he'd just let me keep em.

"Thanks again for the notes" I tell him as I shoved his notebook in my bag

He doesn't utter a word, which made me concerned.

Whatever, I'll just continue cleaning up the counter...

Yes, we're at my house, the place where we get to hang out together without anyone else looking.

"This is totally unfair, Lautner" he finally speaks, "My hands are tired from writing, you know"

I shrugged and look at the side, "You should've just told me. I can ditch sleep, you know"

He clicks his tongue, "That's not it"

Then what? I raised an eyebrow, feeling confused.

"I meant that you should reward me or something" he lets out a sigh, "You made me take down notes and listen to class then what? Do the same routine the day after that?"

I laughed awkwardly, "I don't get what you're trying to say...but if you wanted to do something else, you can"

"Come here" he furrowed his brows and gestures his hand

I do as he say, so I slowly make my way around the table to get closer. As I finally got close, he then puts an arm around my shoulders and lets his head rest on it. I jumped a little bit.

"I want a reward..." he said quietly, perhaps more in a shy tone, "After I give you the notes, you always head off to another task you have to do. After I helped you cook, you clean up and leave...I just want you to look at me"

Okay, now I totally get it. He wants me to give him attention.

I let out a small laugh and patted his head at the same time giving him a gentle hug "Alright, what do you want?"

"Appreciate me, give me a hug or a kiss perhaps...anything that boosts my mood" he replied

"I'm sorry for making you do those things for me" I wrap my arms around his neck, his head is still resting on my shoulders, "I promise I'll give you more attention from now on"

I can feel him smiling as he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Does hugging make you feel better?" I ask him

"Yeah"

I continue hugging him, "That's nice"

"Hey"

"Yes?"

He moves his face closer to my neck, which gave me a tingling sensation, "When are you going to tell them?"

I paused when I heard his question, then I took a sigh, "Soon, after this hellish month. I'm sorry I'm making you wait longer but I just need to finish my reports, projects, exams, and other school works"

"Hey, just take things slow, I'm not rushing you, alright?" he huffed a breath under my hair, "I just wanted you to be mine already. I'm afraid someone might steal you from me"