Chapter 2: Leaf Squad Operation

Please read & review!

"If we have four people to eliminate the enemy while the other remaining three are setting up an ambush, then one of us has to take on the leader so that they will not outnumber us," Tenten thought out in suggestion.

"That's probably not going to work," Neji said and continued on. "There are other options besides that plan with the same old tactics."

"I agree. It's best if we come up with our original one, but with better innovative techniques of ours," Shino stated.

"But the question is... how are we going to start?" Kiba wondered in curiosity.

"Hmm. I think we all have to be placed in different sections in the battlefield," Choji pointed out.

"Okay. Though, we are only eight of us here. The other three are missing," Ino reminded.

"That's not going to be an issue anymore," a familiar deep voice called out behind them, which made them glanced around to see who the person is.

"Sai?!" Ino said in surprise.

The ninja artist gazed at them knowingly as he slowly approaches them with the scroll on his right hand.

"What are you doing here?" She asked concernedly.

"I'm here to help you guys," Sai answered simply.

"And you think we will allow that? No thanks, dude. But sooner or later, you're probably going to tattletale about this to Shikamaru and the other leaf jounins. Don't even try," Kiba remarked nastily.

"Ugh. Just shut up, Kiba! I highly doubt that he will turn his back on us. Why else would he came all the way down here just to tell us?" Ino retorted back defensively.

"Listen, I'm not trying to bait all of you to our allies. I'm asking you if I can join your team. I admit, I was eavesdropping on your conversations and I know that is wrong of me. However, I'm willing to help you as long as it takes," Sai explained sternly.

The others were glancing at each other for reassurance of letting him in, which they all nodded in agreement.

"Okay, but first... You have to prove to us that you're not going to make a plan that will flop us out," Tenten pointed out.

"I don't have to prove to you anything. In fact, I've already drawn on this scroll right here," Sai said as he quickly smooths us the paper, holding it in the front for them to see.

Sakura and Hinata's eyes widened in astonishment as they scan their eyes all over the scroll.

"No way... That's so amazing..." the Bykakugan user gasped.

"Yeah. Very well-detailed," the pink-haired kunoichi complimented and looked at him. "Sai... I never thought that you are one of the strategists out there, besides Shikamaru. But this is one hell of an art and more information."

"Thank you. I've already figured out which positions we are going to take and I'll explain to you now," Sai said, clearing his throat and continued on. "Since the rest of us have been put in the back lines, at least four of us must sneak out without letting anyone notice. Of course, we will use substitution jutsu. That way, if we are capable of attacking those opponents, using our ninjutsu and genjutsu, we will have no problem with the majority of them. But one of us has to face the leader, only who can deflect or counterattack their strikes depending how much they will trigger.

The four people who are being selected in this scroll is Neji, Shino, Kiba, and Choji since you all have the strongest skills in this battlefield. The other four will be staying in the front. As for me, I will-"