Chapter 8: The Siblings' Bet

Please read & review!

As the previous Kages resurrected and were talking amongst themselves, the fourth Kazekage couldn't help but sense a familiar chakra and presence nearby, especially with the majority of the shinobi in the squad division.

"I'm hearing your exploits from the previous age. In our era, the second Hokage was already dead, but there was another one who could use this technique, Edo Tensei. I believe it's Orochimaru," he said with his eyebrows narrowing sternly as he crossed his arms.

The red-haired Kazekage who was still observing the opponents in a far distance said quietly. "One of them is my father..."

He then raised his right hand with a wave gesture without looking back down at his allies.

"Though, the HQ did not contact us, what the hell is happening?" Shikamaru questioned in confusion.

"It is a signal that the enemy is coming," Temari stated as she placed her right hand on her hip.

"Are there guys that even the HQ can't detect? After all, only the strong guys returned to life," Shikamaru asked in peculiar.

"W-what should we do? I-I'm getting scared!!" Choji said panicking.

"We will just have to contact the others about this," Shikamaru noted when Temari nodded in agreement.

On the contrary, the four previous Kages were still arguing on who they want to battle with.

"There are times that my body doesn't do what I want and there are restrictions on certain behaviors," the second Tsuchikage said.

"Ah. So it seems... I would feel like I would want to kill you, but my body won't listen to me," the second Mizukage sighed.

"I wanted to try fighting with you two but I really lost my hopes," the third Raikage stated as he glanced at them.

The fourth Kazekage suddenly noticed an eyeball was watching them very closely, which he figured out that it was Gaara.

During that moment, the ambush squad have decided to join in with Kakashi's since they have defeated the two Akatsuki members recently. The pink-haired kunoichi was having a conversation with a few of the medical ninjas, whereas Kankuro and Lee were looking at her composedly as they began to speculate the current condition she is in. Seemingly, they have guessed that she is finally in a good progression of moving on.

"So it looks like she's taking this very well, I see," the purple-faced ninja smirked.

"Umm... sure, if you say so," the green leaf quirked an eyebrow reluctantly.

"Pfft. You know, I was being sarcastic. I know that she is still going through some phases right now. Given the fact that she is accepting what is already happening," Kankuro stated.

"Aren't we all? I mean, how certain are you? We don't know if she did or not. But from what she told me..." Lee paused for a moment before he choked and realized that the pink-haired kunoichi told him not to say anything to anyone.

FLASHBACK:

"I've never open up to somebody like this, not even to Naruto, our friends, or you... For now, I want you to keep this a secret. I trust you on this," Sakura sighed with nervousness and stared at him hopefully. "Promise me you will keep your word?"

Lee stood in his spot frozen as his eyes were glistening intensely, but kept a strong look towards her, saying. "Alright. But Sakura... If there's a possibility or the slightest chance at the exact time, I won't be able to hold myself back."