Chapter 9: Katsumi's Jealousy

Please read & review!

The afternoon was beginning to be chilly since most of the shinobi were headed to wear and every citizen in the sand village stayed home. Yet, there are some people who are dedicated to work on a daily basis. Inside the Kazekage tower and buildings is where the elders had sat down in the conference room full of discussions about the strategies that each of the division squads are planning to do. At the same time, they were concerned that things may end up in the wrong side of the tracks and how strong the Akatsuki really is. They also fear the worse case scenario may occur. However, there is a part of them that believes in the one who will stop the chaos because that person is their only hope. The elders kept pointing fingers at each other with frustration and insanity without flipping the papers.

When Katsumi was walking outside the hallways, she started to hear voices inside the room, wanting to know what the argument was all about. But then, she figured that it was the fourth ninja war. She decided to listen closely with her eyes peeked through the slightest door open.

“The previous Kages were resurrected by one of the Akatsuki members. Who would’ve thought that one is capable of activating the Edo Tensei,” the elderly man spoke out impressively.

“I assume it was Orochimaru’s subordinate, I see,” his friend guessed out correctly.

“You two seem to be very buoyant about this, I suddenly feel disconsolate,” the elderly woman shook her head with a low stare at them.

“Now, why on earth do you think that way? Of course, we are not all jolly. We are only justifying the facts,” the elderly man said.

“He’s right,” the second one pointed out and continued on. “The enemy is difficult to overestimate the abilities. No doubt that he is in a hiding place.”

“But the two division squads already found him,” the youngest jounin said.

“Even so, he has other allies and it is not easy to attack him right away,” the third elderly man said.

“Perhaps, that is only the basic warm up,” the fourth elderly man thought out.

“Maybe. We don’t know the expectations of the shinobi, especially when it comes to the fifth Kazekage,” the elderly woman muttered quietly with her hands folded firmly.

“What about him? Gaara… He has the potential to lead the ninja alliance,” the second elderly man spoke in a deep tone of his voice.

"Absolutely, but there are others who prefer someone older,” the third elderly man stated.

“Age is nothing but a number as long as one has the ability to fight,” the elderly woman said logically.

“Hmm. Could’ve said better myself,” the youngest jounin nodded shyly in agreement.

Outside the hallways, Katsumi carefully closed the doors in front of her as she began to walk back to her room. She did not want to get involved with the conversation of the elders because they will take care of everything they have on their sleeves.

A few minutes later, she started hearing voices on the other side of the room with giggles and jokes. She stopped by to see what the girls were talking about, so she looked at their door open and saw the envelopes they were working on and organizing them.

“Jeez, Lena, Flora. Will you two stop? We got to finish this by 4:00 pm. We don’t have a lot of time to discuss it here. Stop making up rumours like that,” the dark-haired girl rolled her eyes at their silliness.

“Come on, Moira. You and I can’t deny that there is something going on with the Kazekage and his best friend,” Lena smirked.

“Yeah. Wait, which one? The one from the leaf squad?” Flora asked in puzzlement.