Chapter 23: S.O.S

Please read & review!

The rain was constantly pouring down heavily on the ground just when Sasuke had arrived in time at some part of the forest alone by himself. Then, he was cornered by a few white Zetsus.

"You already found me," the dark-haired ninja said coolly.

"Why are you here?" They interrogated curiously.

"I don't have any reason. I passed through two cities before coming here but they were empty. I thought that the situation out here was strange but do you know anything about this?" He asked.

"We are the ones asking questions here. Why did you come outside?" The white Zetsu questioned again vehemently.

"If you don't like me to be here, why don't you try to capture me? You even have a lot of people on your side this time," Sasuke said, smirking in a daring way.

"You! Could it be that you killed our original?!" One of the white Zetsus was astonished, further narrowing his eyes at him.

"This time, I'm facing a group of opponents. That's good. I should obtain a certain amount of feedback," he pointed out until the rest of them began to charge at him. But he was quick enough to summon the Susanoo right in front of their faces after activating his Sharingan. He controlled one of them and continued on, saying. "This is a war. I have to defeat my enemies. That Tobi. It seems that he waged it, huh."

"We have to seize Killerbee and Naruto. We must hurry. His comrades are gathering to the place where he is..." the white Zetsu informed him while he was in a state of trance.

The wicked smirk began to form on Sasuke's lips and declared. "Well, I guess it's time to go to that place then because I will kill him."

During that moment in the farthest desert, the pink-haired kunoichi was trying to keep her eyes open as soon as she started to lose consciousness due to the purple veins that were immensely enlarging from her arms to her feet. She gagged dark liquid out of her mouth, using her right hand and was shocked. The purple veins had been attached to her since the moment she first passed out. Willingly, she doesn't want to experience this twice. Unfortunately, they were already afflicting her and for some reason, she has no idea what they are.

Sakura began to take short amounts of breaths, then landed quickly on the nearest rocky hill. After seven minutes of rest, she started to recall back on the argument she had with Gaara. Somehow, she doesn't know if she should feel guilty or not, just by opposing him with her plans.

"Now what...? I feel heavy. These veins. Where did they come from?" She asked suspiciously in her mind as her forehead was forming sweat drops.

She wiped them off and hissed. "Damn. It's taking over my bones as well."

"Hold on. I'm trying to figure out," her inner self said hurriedly.

"There's not enough time. We got to keep moving forward," the pink-haired kunoichi stated, then unzips her porch to grab four tiny tubes of antidotes and insert the needle into her arms and legs.

"I think I know now," her inner half said softly.

"What is it?" Sakura asked blankly with her eyes closed.

"It's very baffling... Those purple veins are part of the 'curse,'" she stated, much to her horror.

She gasped in her mind and questioned angrily. "What the hell do you mean by that? What curse?! Nobody ever placed anything on me."

"Really? Because I'm sure there is. We both have it. What's worse is that you and I are connected, which makes the curse grow even stronger and excruciating for us to experience," her inner half explained simply and continued on in curiosity. "Come to think of it, the last battle we had was with Katsumi. The weird thing is that we never saw her do something in front of us or felt anything from her, right? Don't you find that quite dubious?"