Chapter 17: Girl To Girl

Alright. I just edited a few parts here. Please read & review!

The leaf squad have been wandering for about two hours, searching constantly for Kabuto and the mysterious masked man. But there was no sign of them anywhere, so they kept on going to look further as they almost reached the mountain side. Even though they've been exhausted for quite a while now, they were still able to manage their energy. Kiba and Akamaru hopped on top of the rocks as they sniffed heavily a few times of the scents that were lingering around.

"I swear, they might be hiding here," the dark-brunette ninja said suspiciously.

"No way. There's no way that they're inside," Tenten shook her head doubtedly.

"Though, it does smell like a flower..." Ino said carefully, trying to pinpoint in skepticism.

"Hey. You're right," Choji stepped onto the rocks as he started sniffing through his nostrils and continued on, saying. "It's musky and fruity like sweet pea."

The others paused for a moment when they raised their eyebrows at him strangely until one of them snickered in amusement.

"What the-? Hahaha. Seriously? You actually know those kinds of fragrances. How gay," Kiba remarked loudly as he guffawed hysterically.

Ino rolled her eyes at his comment and retorted back defensively. "Only a guy wouldn't make fun of another guy just because he knows it. More likely, just by insulting him makes you even more gayer. I bet your mom tells you all the woman stuff that she mentioned to you before, so you can marry someone in the family. But wait... I doubt you will."

Tenten, Shino, Choji, and Sai tried to stifle their laughter with their mouths being covered by their hands, much to Kiba's annoyance.

"Grr... Shut up," Kiba muttered with a growl as he looked away, whereas Akamaru whimpered and sweatdropped at him in embarrassment.

On the other hand, Sakura was beginning to shiver a little while breathing stiffly at the sight of the dark tunnel. She noticed this and clenched her fists tightly in a grip, not thinking too much of what is about to expect.

"Hey... What's that over there?" Lee asked in puzzlement.

"There is a passageway, which may lead to where Kabuto and the masked man are. But not that it's a higher chance of them hiding there," Neji stated when he activated his Byakugan and examined through the layers of the walls of the mountain. Then, he saw a hooded figure standing in the middle and kneeling down on the ground to perform their own technique. "How...? What on earth is this person doing?"

Lee glanced at him worriedly. "What is it?"

"Strange..." Neji said without even looking at him directly in the eye as he was fixated on the person he was seeing.

"Huh?" Lee questioned blankly.

"Someone is here," Neji replied quietly.

"What? Who?" Ino wondered.

"Is it them?" Tenten asked.

"No. It's only one person, but this time... It's a lady," Neji answered, which astonished the rest of them.

"Bruh!! No fucking way," Kiba shook his head uncertainly.

"It's true," Hinata agreed as she was suspiciously observing the hooded lady performing her powers actively.

"Does she know that we are also here?" Sai asked in peculiar.

"Hmm. Maybe. Maybe not. But we don't know who this person is. She must be from our side or the enemy's. We must find out," Neji explained.