Chapter 32:

*Two days later*

I was walking back from the park to go see the boys back at the Curtis house. I really missed Two considering he's been gone the past two days doing some thing to help his buddy.

When I opened the door to the Curtis house my nostrils filled with the smell of chicken. I noticed that none of the guys were in the living room so I went to go look in the kitchen.

"Dal... you know how the last times ended," Johnny says quietly "I know man!" Dally replied back harshly, "jeez sorry Dal. We're just looking out for ya" Soda says reassuringly.

I stayed behind the corner, I'm only human I get curious, "at lease give Gracie a warning,  she really likes ya Dal" Two says, "tell her the truth Dal" Darry says in a dad tone. 

What was Dallas hiding from me? What should he tell me? I turned the corner with a confused look on my face facing the seven guys staring dumbfounded at me, "what should Dallas tell me?" I ask crossing my arms.

Dallas and I weren't official, but I would still like to know things everyone in my group knows. Dally puts a hand behind his neck "it's just my ex man, don't worry about it" he says, "your ex?" I ask trying not to sound jealous.

"Wha.. what does your ex want?" I ask trying to sound as normal as possible. By this time the rest of the gang have flooded into the living room leaving Dally and I alone, "she just wants to get back with me" he says.

Those words stung. The gang told me about Sylvia and how persuasive she could be. They also told me how she cheated on Dallas more than once while he was in jail. From the sounds of her I really didn't like her, and now she was trying to get back with Dally? I couldn't help but walk over to the fridge, grab an egg, and throw it at a wall.

I really tried to control my anger, but I was really stressed out lately and I couldn't help it, "what was that?" Soda asked confused running into the kitchen only yo have the egg that was once on the wall fall on his head.

"I threw an... egg" I say pointing to the top of his head, "why?" he asked taking the shells and yolk. Dallas still looked shocked at my actions, "want to go for a walk and talk about it?" he asked. I nodded my head yes, Dallas grabbed his jacket, and waited for me to grab mine.

"Sorry about the egg," I say looking apologetically at Soda still trying to get the egg out of his hair.We walked out of the house and into the cool air.

The wind started blowing my hair in all sorts of random directions and I got fed up with it and put it in a messy ponytail.

"Why did you throw an egg at a wall?" Dally asked with a smile looking up at me, hands in his jacket pockets, "I'm not trying to be clingy, or or crazy, I'm just really stressed, and I keep getting angry for no reason, I'm sorry" I say putting my head down ashamed.

"Mood swings huh?" Dally asked raising an eyebrow "yeah I guess" I say with a smile, but when I thought about it, it wasn't really mood swings because I'm not on my period and I shouldn't be getting it till next week. I shook the thought out of my mind and continued on talking with Dally.

"Do you have feelings for her still?" I ask looking up from the ground to meet those brown eyes. Dally shook his head no, "I don't think I ever did" he said, now being the one to look at the rocky ground.

I looked at him confused, "what do you mean?" I ask "I think it was just the feeling of someone else being the one to cheat on you" he says grabbing a smoke and lighting it. I nod my head. Dally was always the guy who was cheating on girls, breaking their hearts, no one ever cheated on Dally, not till Sylvia. 

"Ice cream?" I ask nudging his shoulder with mine, "are you kidding? It's freezing outside" he said with a chuckle, "okay then... hot chocolate?" I ask raising both eyebrows. Dallas thought for a moment, "nah, I want ice cream" he says wrapping an arm around my waist. I smiled and leaned into his touch, and together we started walking towards the ice cream place.

I ordered a strawberry sundae, and Dally just got a place cone. We ate at the picnic benches, and ate our ice cream. 

After we finished I threw my cup away and we started to walk back to the Curtis house. We were about half way when a blonde girl with brown eyes came walking over to us. Dally's grip on my waist quickly tightened causing me to look up at him confused.

"Hey Dally" the girl says in a flirtatious tone. It was Sylvia. "Sylvia" Dally says in a cold tone, "who's the girl?" she asked looking at me with a cold hard glare. "I'm Gracie" I say harshly back not letting Dally answer her question. "Gracie? What a weird name, I'm Syl-" she begins to say before I cut her off, "yeah I know who you are" I say crossing my arms "Sylvia isn't that great of a name either" I say eyeing her up and down.

"Yeah ok I didn't ask" she says rolling her eyes that were coated in makeup. She stepped closer to Dallas "look, I know that I cheated on you all those other times, but I was going through a really rough time and I wasn't thinking straight, I was wondering could you take me back? I'm a new me" she says getting teary eyed.

I couldn't believe what I had just heard. Sylvia was asking Dallas out right in front of me. I didn't even realize that I was practically in Dally by the time she finished what she had to say.

"Look, Dallas is happy without a someone like you. I don't know if you can see this, but he doesn't want you, so I think it will be best if you go and cry in front one of all the other guys you cheated on to see if their more gullible to fall for your terrible acting show" I say letting go of Dallas and taking a side step so that she is looking directly at me.

Dally pulled me to the side so that he could see Sylvia, but he still kept hold of me "I told you that it's not going to happen multiple times get that through your head, I don't want to be with you" Dally says putting an arm around my waist again and beginning to walk. I went with him and when I passed by Sylvia I made sure to bump into Sylvia's shoulder.

"I can't believe she actually thought I was gonna say yes," Dally says with a smile on his face. I just pretended to laugh at what he said, but I wasn't in the mood to laugh, so it didn't sound very convincing, "what?" he said stopping and looking down at me.

"It's just... I thought you were gonna take her back..." I say not looking up from the ground. Dally was quiet for a second "really?" he asked putting his hands on my arms. I looked up into his brown chocolate eyes "what was I supposed to think? She was beautiful, hot, and you used to date her... I-" I was cut off by Dally "Gracie, anyone can look pretty when they have piled pounds of makeup onto their face, and dressed showing their entire body. Besides, she's not even that pretty, and she is nothing compared to you" he says pulling me into a hug. 

I smiled and pulled him tighter into the hug "I didn't know Dallas Winston could talk sweetly," I say through his jacket, "yeah well don't tell anyone" he says pulling away and grabbing my hand. Together we walked back to the Curtis house.