Chapter 28:

*I know I am doing a lot of time skips, but I have it planned because... I can't tell you that would be spoiling, but it would be very boring for you if I didn't have all these time skips!*

*One week later*

I was sitting on the swing with a cigarette between my teeth thinking about having to go back to school... real school after summer.

It was quite a chilly night, and the wind had my hair blowing in all different directions. I had Dally's warm leather jacket keeping the wind from me and my skin. I hadn't given it back to him since the day he gave it to me... well actually he refused to let me give it back to him since the day he gave it to me. 

I was in a deep thought when a pair of hands latched onto my shoulders, and a sudden "boo" was spoken. Caught off guard I turned around and punched the person standing behind me.

"Woah," I hear as I look up and see Dallas stumbling backwards holding his jaw. I quickly get up off the swing "I'm so sorry," I say panicked, "it's fine. I shoulda known better than to sneak up behind you," he says taking his hand off his jaw.

"Well jesus Dal, you can't just sneak up on me like that. You earned that punch in the face," I say playfully punching his "You got a good right cross," he says as if he were proud. 

"What are you doing here anyways?" Dally asks taking the swing next to the one I was sitting on. I sit back down on the swing I got off of to punch Dally, "thinking about school," I say in a boring manor. Dally looked up at me "well nothing could go as bad then when you had the incident in the cafeteria," he says trying to hold in a laugh, "knowing my luck something probably would" I reply sighing.

"You're really stressed out about school huh?" he says more sincerely. I nod my head yes "I just don't get how it will even help me," I say looking at him. 

"Gracie. That's not till a long ways away. Let's just focus on the now," he says getting up off the swing and walking in front of me "why don't we do something," he says with a mischievous grin on his face, "what's on your mind Dallas Winston?" I ask curiously standing up from the swing.

"Nothing legal man," he says taking my hand and running to I don't know where.

I didn't question what we were going to do until we got to a convenient store, "shoplifting?" I ask trying to catch my breath. He pulls his hand away from mine "yep," he says walking closer to the entrance, "wait Dally," I say catching his wrist before he walked in, "you create the distraction," I say with a smile. 

"Yes ma'am," he says walking in first and heading to the cashier. The girl was pretty tall and had long black hair, her makeup was covering every last bit of natural face she had left, and her face grew into pretty grin when she saw Dallas approaching her.

She kept twirling her hair as she gave her attention to Dallas not catching me sneak a few packs of cigarettes into my pockets and a few cans of spray paint. I wanted to turn and pull Dallas out from the jealousy, but I had to get out before everything dropped.

I walked out of the store hoping nothing would drop and sighed in relief when I made it out.

Dallas looked through the window and I nodded my head for him to come out. Before Dally could leave the girl grabbed something from under the counter.

She placed it on the counter top and pulled grabbed a nearby pen. She started to write, and I realized the girl was giving Dally her address. I set the stuff down and stormed into the store full of jealousy.

The bells from the door rang and the girl looked up at me and then looked back down continuing to write.

Dallas gave me am 'I don't know look' before I shoved him out of the way and stood in front of the girl.