The big day with Johnny Cade (Johnny Cade series part 2)

"Emma Cade has a nice ring to it huh?"

For the next year or so I've been working my way through college so I can be a nurse, Johnny and I are living in my dads house, of course he's never there because he's always out of state for business, about once a month he returns home though. Johnny and I spent every day preparing and getting ready. The guys helped me pick out a dress that would make Johnny's eyes pop out in awe. We decided to have the wedding in Texas because that's where my dad currently was and my family was there. So it just worked. The guys, including my brother drove all the way there. Johnny and I had called and booked a time and a date, it was a place my dad had helped build when we lived in Texas, I was about 14 at the time. It was a large barn-like structure where the ceremony would be held. And two small, separate buildings where the bride and groom would get ready. Johnny and I didn't have a huge wedding, the boys, my three brothers and one sister, parents, and various aunts and uncles. My sister and I were in the our "dressing room" I was looking at myself in the mirror while my sister was trying to put makeup on me. I wanted it to match my dress, it was a simple slim white dress that showed off my figure. I have a bit of an hourglass shape. My sister was trying to do a white/gray eyeshadow with red lipstick. I stared at myself in awe as she finished curling my hair. "Hey Emma are you ready your dad wants to see-" it was Two-Bit, followed by Ponyboy. They took one look at me and their jaws hit the floor. I couldn't help but laugh at the reaction "Johnny's gonna think you're beautiful" Ponyboy said grinning from ear to ear. "He'll think she's beautiful either way" Two-Bit replied "As I was saying your dad wants to see you" "okay let him in" my father stepped in and had the same reaction as Ponyboy and Keith. "I'm ready" I told him and took his arm. I was walking next to him and my sister was on the other side of me. I took a step into the large barn-shaped building and noticed that all eyes were on me. Most had the same reaction as my father and Pony and Keith. All 6 of the boys were standing by Johnny. The ones that hadn't seen me yet had the same expression. Except Johnny. Johnny was grinning wildly trying to hold back tears. My dad handed me over to Johnny and stood next to me. Johnny and I exchanged our vows and said our "I do's". Finally we kissed and there was nothing but the sound of cheers all around us. It was the best day of my life. After that we slow danced, I danced with Johnny and the gang, including my brothers and dad and uncles. After that, we went to my sisters house, where we had been staying for the past couple weeks, and packed up. We said our goodbyes to the family and left, the entire gang drove all the way back to Tulsa. That day means everything to me.