" died sooner"

Coby Pov

He saw Shelia calling and ignored it. Cheyenne sat on the back patio wrapped in a blanket. She wore her hair pulled back into a neat bun, while sipping on hot tea. Coby watched her from the sliding glass door. He took a deep breath and stepped outside.

"I made your favorite lemon pepper wings, with homemade fries." Coby placed her food on the edge of her outdoor chaise lounge chair. She sat up smiling.

"Coby you didn't have to." Coby held her chin and kissed her lips softly. She closed her eyes.

"I love you and I'm here." He was compassionate. She slowly opened her eyes as if he would vanish, when he didn't, she smiled.

"I remember the first time you made these, I was at Naa naa and Briggs house for her sleepover over and you stayed as well, with Briggs and cousin Boobie,"

Coby shook his head." ...and that stupid fool dropped all the pizza on the floor trying to show off for you and balance them all on his head.." Cheyenne laughed.

" .. and he slipped on one of the slices and his pants came down and his new nickname was given to him.."

"Shrimp dick!" They both yelled in unison and both were laughing historically.

"And Mr. C-mo had to save the day. You went searching through their pantry and found potatoes and their mom had took out some chicken wings from earlier...you made it work."
She smiled at him then stared out at their pool.

"I told Briggs that night when I saw you laughing, I said to him. 'They say you can only see heaven if you die, well tell my momma I love her because Im certain I've stopped breathing...please don't weep for me because heaven is beautiful...I wish I had died sooner." Cheyenne turned and looked straight into his eyes. He took her hand in his.

"You did not say that..." Coby put his finger to her mouth.

"It was never a mistake, you here me? We were never a mistake. We were...we are meant to be." Cheyenne went to get up.

"I'm not playing, this is not a joke. I don't deserve you and God himself knew it, but he took a chance on me anyways. I failed miserably and I am so sorry but Cheyenne seeing our daughter standing there alive, healthy, well, you see...it restored my faith."
Cheyenne was now crying.

"We were broken for a long time and things won't be fixed overnight or never really completely. Chey, I'm never going to hurt you or Diya again. That's if you and your heart, would allow me sanctuary, just a little longer? Even if it's just for a moment." Coby got down on his knee and pulled out a ring. Cheyenne sat up covering her mouth.

Cheyenne Essie Coleman will you marry me, again?"

"Mom!" Diya stepped unto the patio.
Cheyenne and Coby looked at her. Cheyenne stood up and  reached her arms out to Diya. Diya ran into them .

"Oh baby how do you feel about this, because if it's not okay, I will say no...with everything we've all been through. Your opinion matters to me."

Diya pulled away from her nodding .

"Are you kidding me girl? Get your man." She threw her arms around Diyas neck and Coby stood up hugging them both.

"I should probably call Selest." Cheyenne looked to them for approval. They smiled.

"Yes and we can both be in your wedding. Awe, mom it has been so hard. I believe the worst is over. I'm so happy for you."

Then Diya turned to her dad.
"Daddy, I love you and you broke my heart. But it was only because you said don't ever allow any man to trample on my feelings and you were the one who did it." He pulled her into his chest and whispered into her ear.

"Never again princess." Diya let go and cried like those were the words to heal her soul.

Cheyenne clapped her hands together and brought them to her mouth, then closed her eyes and lifted her head towards the sky. "Thank you lord, you were listening after all."

Coby awww❤️
Should Cheyenne give him another chance ?
Comment! Like ! Vote 🗳!
Thanks to all my supporters and critics.
Read on
🔛🔛🔛🔛🔛🔛🔛🔛🔛