Baring Gifts

Cheyenne

She bit into a piece of lemon poppy, with vanilla cake. "I mean it's good, but it doesn't give me that WOW factor." She looked at Selest who is shaking her head.

"Mrs. Cheyenne... I mean mom... sorry still getting used to calling you that." Selest told Cheyenne who just patted her hand .

"Oh honey it's fine, honestly. We are all still adjusting. Let's try Champagne Buttercream." Cheyenne was excited, trying different cake flavors with her eldest daughter. Diya was suppose to join, but she was glued to Ice's side. Who could blame her?

Cheyenne and everyone she knew were praying nonstop for the young man, but the doctor said not to expect any hopeful news. Gam said after a complete month she would allow them to pull the plug. Cheyenne couldn't find it in her heart to share this information with Diya. In fear of sending her into even deeper depression.

"Thinking about Diya aren't you?" Selest pulled her from her thoughts. She smiled guilty.

"Can't help it, I just wish there was something I could do." She felt helpless.

"Me too, Diya has been such a great friend and sister. I can't return the favor." Selest dropped her head .

"Awe honey, Diya loves that she has a sister. Believe me. She's always wanted a sibling. You being around now won't go unnoticed... she will remember." Cheyenne reaches out her arms and hugged her daughter.

Coby

He was taking a water break in the locker room at the gym when Shelia entered. Coby placed the towel around his neck and sighed loudly.

"Why are you hear Shelia?" He started to fill up his water bottle at the fountain.

"Not happy to see me?" She joked.

He didn't answer.

" I can make it so that you are," She got down on her knees pulling at his workout pants.

"What the fu.. get up!" He pushed her off spilling his water.

She laughed rising back to her feet . "Why so serious?" She continued to tease.

"I'm just going to walk away and hope you can be an adult and do the same." He turned to leave.

"You always wanted more children, didn't you?" She wore a smirk on her face.

Coby stopped, hesitant to turn around. "I'm not here for your entertainment. I'm a grown man, Shelia. Is there something you need to say to me?" He was now facing her.

"Hey, I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I come baring gifts," She started walking closer to him.

"You think your wife would mind being a godmother/stepmother to our unborn child?" There it was, he just knew his heart had stopped. There was no way he was still breathing.

"You're lying." He stared into her eyes, as they danced at the terrible news she delivered.

"Oh baby, if only I was lying." She grinned with evilness.

"I don't believe you." He swallowed his spit feeling his mouth drying.

"How are we going to break the news my love?" She swayed her hips back in forth to the Zumba music playing in the background. Wrapping her hands around the towel around his neck. She moved her hips against his, but he stepped back.

"I need to see pro-

"-proof ?" She cut him off. She unlatched her purse and pulled out a envelope and handed it to him. He took a deep breath and slowly pulled the ultrasound pictures out.

"Fuck!" He yelled throwing the pictures across the locker room.

"I thought you'd be more excited." She was smiling.

"I'm back with my wife, that was then." He rubbed his head .

"Coby, you could never get rid of me, even if you wanted to. We're soulmates. You know, we should celebrate. You should come by later. I will make your favorite dish and then you can have your favorite desert, me." She rambled on .

"I'm renewing my Vows in less than a month, to my wife, who just forgave me. Surely, you must feel an ounce of remorse." He was outraged with her.

"No." Shelia collected the photos off the floor. She kissed his lips and left .

What was he going to do now? There was no way in hell Cheyenne would accept him making a baby on her. He had really messed up this time. Now how was he going to tell Cheyenne?

Coby What now ??? Tsk Tsk 👀 Please continue to read ! Comment and Vote 🗳
Most importantly enjoy 😊