Not a robot

Cheyenne

Cheyenne walked into her house and roses were everywhere, music was playing softly in the background. She noticed there was a area on the floor by the fireplace with candles, champagne on ice and a two glasses. Coby walked out of the kitchen with what appeared to be a jewelry box in his hand. He paused when he saw her.

"Chey, hey baby, I'm so happy to see you. Please come join me." Coby motioned for her to sit.

"Let me go take a quick shower and then I will join you." She glanced around the house once more at the beautiful flowers. When did he have time to do all of this? It didn't matter anyways. Cheyenne made her way into her room and plopped down on her bed, taking her shoes off. Her phoned vibrated. It was a text from Briggs.

Briggs: Still taste you on my lips 😋

Cheyenne bit her lip and responded

Cheyenne : Savor the flavor 😏

Briggs : Already done. Goodnight!

She held the phone to her chest smiling while flashbacks of them making love danced in her head. When she was done taking a shower, she was brushing her teeth, when she noticed a hickey on her neck and chest area. She decided to wear her hair down, in hopes to cover it best she can. Cheyenne was aware the light was off in the living room, so he shouldn't notice much.

"There she is." He smiled as she sat down on the floor .

"What is all this about?" She cut right to the point .

"We haven't talked to one another in a whole week, and I felt it was time to break the silence." He handed her a glass with Champagne.

"What is there to discuss? You F'd up big time." Cheyenne sipped the champagne.

"I did, there is no sugarcoating it, but Chey it's not like I backtracked. She was already pregnant when I broke things off with her, she just never mentioned anything." He pleaded his case.

"Why were you not using a condom in the first place?" She blocked his attempt .

"We used to at first, but then we agreed on birth control. We were sleeping together for two years and nothing ever happened." His words made her insides boil.

Cheyenne downed her drink. " You know that little itty bitty one percent chance that they warn you about?" She held her index and thumb finger close together.

"Come on who actually thinks that will happen?" He cut her off.

"You didn't and that's why your dumb ass have a baby on way. She is that one percent honey and I can't continue in this marriage. I just can't accept a baby. I'm a married mom and refuse to play stepmom to the mistress." She poured herself more champagne.

"I don't want to have anything to do with her, just my son and the baby doesn't have to come around you." He tried convincing her .

"That would just be immature of me to punish that innocent child for the stupid choices of two idiots. No, you and your baby momma need to raise your child together." Cheyenne sipped more of her drink .

I don't want her like that anymore." He admitted .

"It doesn't matter what you want, because a child is not like a outfit you don't want and can return to the stor . Shelia has a real human growing inside of her as we speak. We know abortions not on the table, and honestly I'd never suggest it." She finished her second glass .

"Chey that might be enough on the champagne." He reached for the bottle but she snatched it.

"Immmm a grownnnn ass womannnn. Thank you ." She poked his nose. She was starting to feel a bit warm, but she didn't care.

"Shelia and that ghetto name, boy please. You know what? Tell me what it is she offered that I didn't?" She tried to stand up.

"It wasn't that she had anything better,"

"Then what ... what? Why did you continue to cheat time after time... year after year, why?" Cheyenne demanded an answer .

"You had just shut me out and this, " He held up the bottle. " This became your new outlet and Shelia she was just there." He said.

"Where did I go Coby...so was I?" She argued.

"Yes in the body Cheyenne, but mentally you were gone!" He argued back .

"You would go that low?" Her eyes were tearing up .

"When do I ever get to go there? How can I tell you how I feel if at the same time I have to cradle your feelings? Why is it you are the only one who is allowed to be emotionally distraught? I'm not a robot, I feel all the same stuff as you." Cheyenne has never seen him like this.

"You never expressed to me you were feeling anyway but happy, I thought you were content with your life."

"Well, you thought wrong, but I never said anything because I felt like it was selfish of me to." He admitted.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because I felt like whatever you were feeling was ten times worse." He answered.

"God, if we could rewind time and just say all of this stuff, then we would never be in this predicament." She wiped her eyes.

"No if your mom would have never pulled that little stunt she did, we would never be in this predicament. She caused us so much unnecessary hurt, anger, and self doubt. It was never perfect between you and I, but you are my soulmate and you will always be. I'm not going to look you in your eyes and say I feel nothing for Shelia anymore, that would be a lie." He moved in closer to Cheyenne she could feel his breath on her face.

"You love her." Cheyenne realizing it.

Coby nodded. "As messed up as it seems I do, but there is only one woman I'm in love with and have ever," Coby stopped talking and moved Cheyenne's hair from by her neck.
Cheyenne covers her neck forgetting about the hickey .

"What is that on your neck?" His eyes growing dark now.

"Its nothing." she hopped up. Coby stood up also and turned her around and moved her hair again . She tried to wiggle loose .

"You sleeping with someone else?" He asked.

"If I was?" She challenged him .

"Then I would be pissed, and at the moment I can't find the right words to say." She could tell his eyes searched hers for the obvious truth.

"I'm going to bed, you have my answer about us staying together." She tried to walk away but he followed her into the bedroom .

"No,no,no... you see it doesn't exactly work like that... are you sleeping with someone else?" He asked again.

She just stood there for a second before responding . "Yes."

He stepped back like he was about to faint . His legs hit the bed and he set down.

"Okay, I deserve that I do. You made a mistake and we could move past this. Is that why you've been out the last week? Is it someone you met at a bar or something?" He asked .

"Yes, it's why I've been out the last week." Cheyenne was smart not to answer the other questions .

"Okay, I have no choice but to forgive you. You were just with him tonight, so is this over between you two?"

"We should just get some rest." Cheyenne climbed into the bed and turned the lamp off.

"Okay, whatever the situation is, we can move forward, I love you ." He squeezed her foot and walked out the room.

Cheyenne texted Briggs .

Cheyenne: Coby knows there's someone else.

Briggs : Damn

Please Comment and vote by clicking the star . Thank you all for the feedback and likes .
❤️