"He's greedy"

Zeus
"Tear up every inch of his apartment, I'll be in the kitchen." Zeus took a bat and smashed it through Ice's glass coffee table . He puffed on his cigar and made his way towards the kitchen. His bodyguards started pushing things over , breaking stuff and smashing stuff with bats .

Ice

Quakes was already seated at the table when Ice entered into the small private room. This time he wasn't handcuffed and he didn't walk with a limp, so Ice figured he was ninety percent healed.

Quakes stood up once Ice got closer. " Son , I mean Ice;" Ice sat down and Quakes followed his lead sitting down as well .

"About last time, son I didn't imagine my first time seeing you in five years going like that, but you just.."

"I didn't know what I was talking about, because I believe what really happened that night is that you and Milton's dad were both set up by Zeus."

Quakes stared at Ice in disbelief.
"You mean Zeus admitted it?" Quakes asked .

"Yeah, he wanted me to make a sell to some crooked cop and I wasn't feeling it, might as well sell my soul." Quakes smiled at him almost as if that made him proud .

"I would never do that either ."

"Well anyways, I didn't want to go through with it, so it made him mad. He started making threats and trying to ban me from working in town. He said if I did continue, basically I'd end up like Milton's dad." Quakes slammed his fist down on the table .

"He still has no remorse for putting that bullet in Big Mills's head." Ice stared at his father not sure if he heard him clearly.

"Wait, so Zeus actually killed Milton? But why?"

Quakes sighed .

" Son , I wanted out of the business because well ... Haze had just found out she had about two years to live. I told Big Mills I was done because I had about two hundred and  fifty thousand stashed away. Big Mill begged me to do this last run with him and then he promised to walk away with me . He told me it was some new buyer in town , Zeus had linked up with. Then he let me know the guy was someone we knew of . Now I had stopped trusting Zeus a long time ago , but Big Mills ... you see he thought I just didn't understand Zeus but then he stopped trusting him also. He found out he hired someone to spy on him, Zeus had become suspicious of him. He thought he was planning on overthrowing him ."

Iced listened carefully .

" So, when he told me Zeus was about to make a two million dollar deal and wanted me to make a plan to steal the cocaine. Which was stashed away in the warehouse right from under Zeus nose . I quickly demised a plan. I suggested we make the deal a day before Zeus had planned it, so we'd be long gone before he realized it. The client ends up being the father of a kid we went to school with, so he wasn't suspicious of us showing up without Zeus because were his most trusted men. We loaded the money into two black duffle bags. We replaced the missing cocaine with baking powder."

"You hid the money with Gam?"
Ice was trying to piece it together.

" No, we hid it in the roof of the warehouse. Your grandmother was instructed to pick it up a year later, if anything went wrong."Ice nodded.

"The night that was suppose to be the actual deal ....Big Mills and I walked into the warehouse and we were helping pack up the fake coke inside the black van. We were going to ride together but turn off, pick you all up at my moms and head out. We all of a sudden heard sirens and helicopters."

"It was a setup?" Ice whispered. Quakes nodded.

"This bald cop with blue eyes comes walking into the warehouse with a gun at Zeus head. Then they both start laughing and shake hands. Big Mills leaned over and whispered to me, I think I saw that cop in the bar last night when I was talking to that chick. Aye, look I may have disclosed of somethings to her while I was drinking. I was just so happy about the plan going well. I fucked up man. That cop was seated right beside me ."

Ice eyes got big. " He was working for Zeus the same cop from Zeus party."

Quakes nodded . " He whispered into Zeus ear and we already knew . Zeus looked like a train had hit him . He called for his bodyguard to bring him a brick out the van . Zeus cut into it and smelled it and he threw it to the floor . He pulled out his gun right then and there walked up to Big Mills and put the gun to his head ."

Big Mills closed his eyes . " He told me to tell Milton he loved him. So with tears in his eyes his brain splattered all over me and I dropped down to hold him in my arm. I tried to perform CPR, but ... he .. he was gone. The cop slammed me to the ground and arrested me . When I got into the integration room, I found out they had been collecting pictures of me and Big Mills for months. They even had pictures of Big Mills showing the chick the money inside his trunk ."

" He was going to turn you both in and collect the money, share it with the cop and probably skip town." Ice finished the story.

"Exactly. They threatened me with the death penalty, forty years, all kinds of stuff if I didn't tell them where the money was. They told me I would go down for Big Mills murder. I knew they would give me time anyways, so I never cracked and once Haze.."  Quakes choke upon his words.

"Once they said her time would be shorter than expected I basically lost all hope. I feel like she died sooner because of a broken heart."

"I know but it wasn't because you were here da. She just got weak, she had aplastic anemia caused by her last pregnancy, where she lost the baby. Her immune system attacked her bone marrow ."

Quakes wiped his eyes. " You haven't called me dad in five years." Ice smirked .

"I hated you for a long time. I thought I did,  I guess I blamed you for mom dying and me being forced to live with Gam. I love her but I would of preferred to live with you ." Quakes smiled . "

Me too." Quakes smiled.

"What should I do about this? You shouldn't have to rot in prison for something you were falsely accused of." Ice was angry for his father. He was angry he had missed so much time with him .

"I have tried everything, but with the law protecting Zeus I'm stuck ."
Quakes shrugged .

"Zeus is hot-tempered, he's greedy and he has one mission, to stay on top." Ice told Quakes .

"We have to beat him at his own game." Ice looked straight into Quakes eyes .

"How's that?" Quakes asked.

"We have one point eight million dollars, and it's time we put it to use." Ice smiles and Quakes followed.

This is such an important chapter , I'm surprised I didn't leave a comment st first .

I ask that all my readers please comment and vote 🗳❤️