Chapter 47

"YOU WHAT?!" Lucy asks out loud.

"Shhh... Keep your voice down. It's disturbing the other." Sting say putting his index finger to his mouth making quiet sign, but Lucy don't give a damn about it. Instead, she and Natsu look at him expectantly.

"M-Ma... Just like i said. I might have liked her from the start."

"How?"

"Huh?"

"How could you like a girl like (Y/N)-chan before you know her?"

"Are you trying to... like stating the truth or insult her? I'm confused." Sting answers sweatdropping

"That's not it! I don't understand. How can i believe you liked (Y/N)-chan when no one did? She surely is amazing but not everyone knows that because she's a quiet person. I... cannot believe anything you said before i can prove you're not freaking lying like you did."

"I know i've done something unforgivable to (Y/N)-chan, but I'm not lying."

"Then tell me... How? What can you possibly like from a girl that considered unappealing by most people. How can you like someone that even bullied? Huh?"

"She might not look as beautiful as the popular girls, she also didn't look cute one bit, she wasn't even close to sexy." Lucy's eyes twitch hearing those words. But then the next word Sting says make her a bit taken aback.

"But she's the strongest girl I've ever seen. I can see that she's hurt and she got a lot of pressure, but i've never seen her lose hope. This thing at first actually irritated me. Why is someone being so stupid acting to be strong in front of people when they're not?"

"But then, I can see that she can actually smile sincerely around a few people, and mostly to you Lucy. This caught my interest. It's like she has an emotion switch that can only be turned by her close friends. She's wasn't pretty, she wasn't rich, she was't popular, she was even bullied, unlike me who have lot more than her, but how could she be happier than I am? As time goes, I unconsciously often studying her. The fact that she sat beside me help myself to get to know the girl better. She was bullied but she always tried to be cool-headed and solve the problem easily. She was oftenly hurt but she tried to be positive all the time. Lot of people hated her, but she just care about the fact that she had her bestfriends. And the more i know her, the more i fell for her." Lucy and Natsu look at the boy seriously.

"But what made me even more attracted to the girl is, because she never care about me. Most girls will swarm over me and fight with each other to get close to me." Lucy then sweatdrop.

"So that's why (Y/N)-chan always say you're an overconfident prick."

"Thanks for ruining the moment Lucy." Natsu says to Lucy because he was just about to feel the moment.

"You're welcome."

"But that's true. How can someone resist me?"

"I'm starting to hate you." Lucy say with the (-_-) face and Sting giggle.

"Sorry, but I'm really saying this. If i give just a little attention to those girls, they will shout like crazy."

"Well... Can't argue that." Lucy says defeated.

"But your friend is different. I tried to give her little attention, heck, I even caught her one time when she's about to fall of the stairs in a hug-like situation. But she didn't even blush! She just bow, thank me and get back to her business. Well, she also gave me a chocolate as a thanks."

"Um... Well, she gave you that because she hates chocolate." Lucy says and Sting sigh.

"I already saw that coming." Sting say putting his head on the table.

"Poor guy." Natsu say shortly.

"But that just prove my words even more right? And after the whole month of getting even closer to her, i fall too hard for that for that girl that I even dare to stomped on Minerva's pride. How amazing of me." Sting slam his head on the table.

"Wait wait wait. Let me get this straight. You have liked the girl since who knows how long, and you even get more attracted to her because of the bet?" Natsu ask and Sting nod.

"But then, why didn't you try to get close to her even before the bet?" Then Sting groan.

"It's obvious isn't it?" The other two look at the blonde boy questioningly.

"My stupid pride got in the way." Sting huff and put his head on his hands that was put on the table. The other two look concerned.

"I believe you now." Lucy say.

"Huh?"

"It may not be valid but I can see your eyes are not lying. Not to mention that (Y/N)-chan is a lot into you too." Lucy say the last part silently.

"Well then. This is gonna be 'Bring Back My Stupid Bestfriend and Her Dumb Ex Together' mission!" Lucy whisper to herself.