Chapter Twenty-Eight

Josh's POV

I sat on the couch next to Angel. He had fell asleep, and there was no way I was going to wake him up. He just laid there peacefully on my shoulder.

We were in his mums again, trying to get things sorted out.

I'm concerned, I really am. Somethings going on, someone is manipulating him, and I'm almost sure it's her. But at the same time, the act she's putting on is certainly believable.

There's something about that boy though, Max, that strikes me as odd. Sure, Oli and him weren't always the biggest fans of each other, but this is different. They did get along occasionally, and all brothers fight, but why in the world would he have such a negative reaction to seeing Oliver again?

It annoyed, no, enraged me. I never liked him, since Oli would sometimes complain about the fights they got into when we were kids. But this was different. It seems like the only family members of Angel's that I knew were either manipulative or downright evil.

I suppose it doesn't really matter, and he knows that. He has me, after all, I promised to protect him. But I know he would like a normal family, and so far, that's the opposite of what he's gotten. I can't wait until we get out of this place, and we can create our own family.

During his sleep, he hugged my arm. I loved admiring him in every way possible, because there is no one as generous, beautiful, breathtaking, every gorgeous word in the universe describes this boy. The way his breaths shortened when he slept peacefully, how his eyelids flickered slightly, how his fingers gently trailed over my arm. All of it, perfect. I remember back when we weren't together as teenagers, I was so scared to tell him how I felt. But he was the same way. I think part of me always knew, but then again, I didn't. Look at us now, we're married. I almost can't believe it.

It's my natural instinct to love and protect him. That's why it's hard for me to resist slaughtering his family members who even showed the slightest bit of disrespect to him. But I wouldn't, because he hadn't given me permission to do that. Still... every time someone even gave my lover a strange look, I wanted to rip their torso open and pull out their guts one-by-one. I remember when I was younger and more reckless, any man that even glanced at him, I would take them out. Wait - why am I saying when I was younger? I'd still do that.

I remember how fed up I was with my own family, so I asked Oli to end them with me. He wasn't confused, he knew about my overwhelming annoyance towards them. Sure, they were in one of the most notorious gangs in history, but I knew what I was doing. I never actually ended up killing them myself though, I kind of chickened out. I had to laugh at my twenty year old self, if it was nowadays, I would've just slit their throats and have it be over with. I ended up getting a hitman to do it for me, no one has ever traced it back to me. I don't even know my other family anymore, they probably think I'm dead too. I haven't talked to them since Oliver disappeared, I didn't talk to anybody unless I had to use them after that. I never answered any texts or calls, never opened the door when someone knocked. I only stayed in my bed, weeping. But now he's back, and I'm elated. I'm completely over the moon. I have never been happier, and I know he feels the same.

My parents being dead left me in peace, only with Oli, for a few years. I wondered why he hadn't just ended his mother already, but then again, I know why. He was scared of her, maybe he won't admit it, but I can read him like a book. I wouldn't ask him about it though, I love him too much. Whether his mother is dead or not, we'll still live our dream, and we'll get away from her anyways.

I placed a kiss on his only slightly parted lips. I'll protect and cherish this boy with my whole life, and I know he'll do the same for me. We're inseparable. He's my twin flame, my soulmate. Life is nothing without him in it. I'll also make sure that everybody else shows him utmost respect, he must be treated like a god by everybody. He is everything.