Epilogue: Climente Aldous

"I can't see why I am not allowed to see someone, Papa! You didn't give Kuya a hard time when he started dating!" My daughter answered back, her voice getting a pitch higher.

I frowned at her. Her face was contorted into that ugly gloom she always show whenever she gets pissed. It's like looking in a mirror. Like what my wife usually tell me, she did get all her facial features from me, but she got her mom's petite body and long straight locks. That's why I am not backing down when it comes to her dating.

"Don't you dare use that tone on me, Clarence Aleya!" I bellowed right back.

She wiped her face with her hand before she shrieked. "Gah! I can't wait 'till I turn eighteen and go to College!" Then she stomped away and retreated upstairs to her room.

I went out of the kitchen and saw my wife comfortable sipping her iced tea while flipping the pages of the Lifestyle magazine she's reading. She doesn't look affected of the conversation I know she just heard.

Era's been a stay-at-home mom and a contract Architect ever since we had our first born. Sabi niya kasi gusto niyang masubaybayan ang paglaki ng mga anak namin. Pinag-usapan din namin ang pagiging Engineer ko sa kompanya. When her belly turned eight with Emer, I decided to just run the company alongside Kuya Kiel, para hawak ko na lang din ang oras ko and for me to be always available to Era whenever she needs me.

"Can you believe your daughter walked out on me? I swear she inherited your determination and drive when she wants something she can't have."

She just chuckled before closing the magazine on her lap. "Well, she is as stubborn as you. Bakit ka pa nagtataka?"

I shook my head and sat beside her. I pulled on her waist until she is nestled in my lap, hugging her close as possible.

"But she is right though. You didn't bat an eye when Emer started dating. What difference does it make when it comes to her?"

"She's a woman for starters. And can't you see you daughter? She is sporting the same curves you have when I first saw you in your uniform back in College. I bet guys drool over her. Just thinking about it makes me want to punch every man who ever laid eyes on her."

"Isn't that a bit sexist?" She laughed. "My love, your baby girl is a very smart woman. And besides, masasaktan at masasaktan siya once she falls in love. I remember someone smart telling that to me once when I was afraid to open my heart again."

I let a smile spread across my lips at her reference. I let out a sigh of defeat. My beautiful wife is right.

"Alright, I'll talk to her."

"You do that. I'm sure magtataka ang Kuya kapag hindi siya sumama sa atin bukas sa pagbisita sa kanya sa dorm."

I nodded my head before I let her go from my hold. God, I hate losing her warmth against me. I gave a peck on the lips before I tread upstairs, Clay's room.

I knocked a few times on her door before I turned the knob. I saw her sitting in front of her study table while she furiously tapped on her keyboard.

I know she knows I'm here but tend to ignore my presence. I stood there, snooping on who's she's chatting with.

Marcus Emerson Vinluan Loyzaga, it read. Mukhang nagsusumbong nanaman siya sa Kuya niya.

"Baby girl." I started, placing my hand on her shoulder. She stopped typing and erased what she wrote in the box. She replaced it with, 'Papa's here. Talk to you later, Kuya. I miss you.'

She brought the screen of her Mac down before she turned around to face me.

"I'm sorry, princess. I'm here to talk things out."