•18•

•I turned to Finn, and we all said our goodbyes before we walked down the hallway, ready to start our day.•

•Finn's POV•
I walked with Millie down the hall, entering Ms Dyer's classroom, holding the door open for Millie. "Hi, Ms Dyer," I said with a small smirk. I like her as a teacher, I really do, and I know she secretly likes me as a student as well, so I've become nicer to her. Being close with Millie has helped my icy heart melt enough to let waves of warmth blast through to other people.

Millie grabbed my hand and pulled me over to our table in the back of the classroom. People still looked, but I glared at them and they turned back around immediately. "Why do you glare at them?" Millie asked, putting her hand on the side of my face and pulling it towards her.

"Because they look at me like I don't deserve to be with someone like you. And I know I don't, but them pointing it out with their dirty looks just reminds me," I told her honestly, avoiding eye contact.

She sighed and pulled me in for a long embrace, zoning out everyone watching us. Her warm hugs make me feel like I'm flying through the sky, bouncing on clouds, met with nothing but a smiling sun. Every ounce of darkness fades away, and the only thing measuring time is the speed of light.

"Ahem, Mr Wolfhard and Ms Brown, should you two be reading or writing right now? You have an assignment this week and I suggest you start the work to help you get it done," Ms Dyer pulls me out of my daydream to see Millie with red cheeks, nodding at the teacher's words.

Millie pulled up an E-book on her computer, and I pulled up a different one on mine. We began reading our different books, playing with each other's hands in her lap. I let her do her thing while I read my book, which consisted of her moving all of my fingers around, or deciding which way she wanted to intertwine them.

She's so cute, I snuck a quick glance at her whenever I could, admiring every long eyelash sticking out from her large eyelids. The way her nose scrunched ever so slightly when she didn't understand a word in her book, or the way every one of her eyebrow hairs lie on her perfectly shaped face.

Ok, they weren't quick glances, I may have gotten distracted from my book and just watched Millie secretly the rest of the hour. I can't help it, she's just so eye catching, I don't know why she would like someone like me.

I wonder sometimes if she just pities me, and only kisses me because she feels bad for me. It would make sense, considering the background I came from. I don't know, I could be overthinking it, or I could be completely right.

I just decided I wouldn't ask her about her feelings for me before the game, I don't want to mess up her routine or my focus.

I'm suddenly brought out of my melancholy thoughts by the high pitched screaming of the bell, signaling I had to spend an hour away from Millie. I turned to her with a sad, pouty look on my face, my lower lip poked out. She rolled her eyes with a laugh, before grabbing my hand and lifting us up.

"I'll see you in an hour, curls," she said, massive butterflies, the size of eagles, erupting in my stomach, desperately trying to escape.

"Same to you, cutie," I said, getting close to her face, hearing her let out a soft sigh, leaning up towards my lips subconsciously. I pulled away before she could close the gap with a smile, seeing her open her eyes and look around, a flustered look on her face.

With the red in her cheeks present, she quickly smiled and said, "I'm getting you back for that," and running off to her math class.

•Millie's POV•
I ran off to Algebra 2 with Mr Heaton after my flustering encounter with the boy I've been slowly falling in love with for the past 4 days, to see my best friend sitting in her normal seat.

"Hey Sades," I said, sitting in my seat, still early to the class. She looked up from her phone with blushed cheeks and a stupidly wide grin. "What's going on?" I asked, already scooting over to see her phone.

"It's... it's Caleb. He's just being so cute," she said with a small giggle. I winked at her and she covered her eyes in embarrassment. I started laughing and we were soon cut off by Mr Heaton starting the class. That never bothered Sadie though.

"So, how's Finn?" She asked, nudging me in the shoulder with a smirk. I immediately blushed, and thought about the sweet kisses we've shared last night and this morning. It's hard not to miss his lips on mine, he's the only thing that makes me feel like life isn't that bad.

When his lips are on mine, everything moves in slow motion, like we're in space and everything is ten times as slow. Like we don't have to worry about time and space, for it's but an object that has no meaning when we're together.

But of course, I can't explain this to Sadie. At least, not yet. "He's good, we're good. He's just so sweet, and he makes me feel all warm inside," I said with a smile.

"Awww, I ship you two," she said back, grabbing Cheetos out of her backpack. I started laughing at the tradition Sadie had started and continued with since freshman year. She always buys a small bag of Cheetos from the vending machine before whatever period we have together, and we eat them while listening to the lesson.

"Did y'all kiss yet?" She asked nonchalantly, taking a bite of the first Cheeto. I smiled, the red on my cheeks intensifying every second. She noticed my face and smiled widely. "Finn told us, but spill!" I looked to see Mr Heaton with his back towards us, not hearing Sadie being her loud self.

I laughed at the fact that she already knew. Of course she did. "Ok, so we were putting the snacks in bowls, and I hugged him, but he hurt his ribs, so I apologized. And I lifted his shirt to see how bad it was, it's pretty bad. And he reassured me that he was ok now. And then I hugged him and cried, and he stopped me from crying, blah blah blah. But then, I felt locked in his eyes, I couldn't look away. He was holding me, and then he leaned down and kissed me. It was amazing," I told her with a twinkle in my eye.

"Awww, true love!" She clapped her hands together, before shoving another Cheeto in her mouth. I laughed, took a Cheeto, and pulled out my math supplies. We paid attention for the rest of class, but I couldn't help my mind wandering back to Finn all the time. If I can't get him out of my head, he's going to start affecting my grades.

Hey y'all, I'm backkkk. I had a bit of writer's block, so I'm glad I had chapters written in advance. Ok, next chapter should be funky and fresh so have fun with that one :)