26

I walked back into the room and found my suitcase with all of my old clothes under the bed, and pulled it out. I carried it silently down the hall and down the stairs. She wouldn't have to deal with me anymore, I can't put her through living with someone like me, I can't.

| Millie's POV |

I woke up to an empty bed. Finn was no longer sleeping with me in his arms, and it's my fault. Maybe I need to tell him I made a mistake. I already see him the way I used to, he's not a monster, and I miss him.

I walked out of my room, still in pajamas, and walked down the hall to his room. I knocked twice but got no answer. "Finn? Can we talk?" I asked while opening the door, but to my surprise he wasn't there. "Finn?" I called out, checking under the bed to see that his suitcase was missing, but all the clothes I bought him were folded on the bed. "Shit!" I exclaimed to no one.

"FINN?!" I screamed, running down the stairs to see an empty living room and kitchen. I think I ran around the house for a good 10 minutes before declaring that he had, in fact, left in the middle of the night. I had to go to school today because of cheer practice, and I just hoped he would be there so I could talk to him.

I held back tears while getting ready, only putting on grey sweatpants and a black cropped tank top. I walked to the bathroom and put my hair in a messy bun, not bothering to put on makeup that I would end up crying off.

When I walked downstairs into the kitchen, I couldn't bring myself to eat anything. I gagged when I tried to eat just an apple. I ended up just grabbing my keys and phone, and walked to my car.

I didn't play any music because every song reminded me too much of the boy who used to sit in my passenger seat and sing them with me. Every time I glanced to the empty seat, I held back tears. As I sped to school, I kept mumbling to myself, "He's ok, he'll be there, waiting for you. He didn't mean to leave and he'll come back home to you. He still loves you."

But when I walked into the school, the sight that I saw from down the hall almost made me throw up. My jaw dropped and a single tear rolled down my face as I started shaking.

| Finn's POV |

See, when I left Millie's house last night, I went on a bender. I was so upset that I went back out to the streets and met with some of my old friends. They gave me alcohol to forget, and when I say I had a lot of it, I called up Iris and ended up making out with her. We never had sex, though. I've never had it, and I wasn't about to waste it on her.

But she was nice enough to drive me to school today, and I will admit, she's attractive, so I decided it couldn't hurt to keep our fling going. Millie is scared of me and broke up with me, so why not? It's not like I can be devoted to her anymore. It's time to move on, and this is the best way I can think of. I just need to stop thinking about Millie, but every time Iris has her lips on mine, I think she's Millie, even though she doesn't taste the same at all.

We were standing in the hallway, and Iris had me pushed against the locker, with her tongue basically down my throat. I really didn't like it, but whatever keeps my thoughts of Millie at bay, right? But I was caught off guard when I felt someone ripping Iris off of me. I almost said thank you, but the person's palm was already struck against my face.

I tumble backwards before my eyes adjusted to see all of my guy friends along with Sadie, Maddie, and Grace holding a crying Millie behind everyone. My face softened when I saw how hurt she looked. "That was for kissing the one person you shouldn't have, and this is for hurting my girl," Sadie said before raising her hand back to hit me again, but Millie grabbed her hand out of mid-air, just like she did with me the first time I was going to hit Jacob.