Chapter 5

It was now morning, I walked downstairs to find it empty. I went over to the coffee machine and started it. I really need coffee I'm feeling dead. As I poured a cup of coffee I heard footsteps coming behind me. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and so I did what I needed to do.
I grabbed their one of their arms and flipped it around and twisting it towards their back. I looked at the person and laughed.
"Unbelievable." I said smiling and laughing.
"Can you let go of me?" Dakota asked.
I let go of him and continued preparing my coffee. "Is that how you say good morning?" He asked trying to shake off the pain.
"No that's called self defense." I said.
"Tell me, are you a cop or something? Or are you really just a working assistant?" I looked at him straight in the eye.
"I'm an assistant. Nothing more." I stated.
"Then how do you know combat moves?" He asked lifting an eyebrow.
"My father taught me when I was little." I said completely lying to his face. My father was an alcoholic he would never know how to.
"I guess that makes sense." He said sitting down at the table. I nodded not saying one word.
"Do you want coffee?" I asked.
"Yes please. I need to get rid of this headache." He said putting his face into his hands.
"That's what you get for drinking so much." He groaned. "Just give me the coffee." I took a deep breath and prepared his coffee.
"Here." I said handing it to him. "Do you want anything to eat?" I asked.
"Just make me whatever." He said. I shrugged and agreed.
I went to the fridge and grabbed some fresh fruit like watermelon, mango, strawberries, and cherries and chopped them up into cubes.
I handed it to him and he looked very pleased with what I gave him.
"This is perfect thank you. Also you didn't even cook." He said chuckling.
"Do you want me to cook?" I asked.
"No not anymore. You gave me something much better." He said taking a bit out of the fruit bowl I made him.
"You going out tonight?" I asked. He tilted his head at me and gave a one sided smirk.
"Do you want to go out?" He asked still smirking.
"I'm just asking because everywhere you go I have to go." I stated. He lifted an eyebrow.
"Why is that?" He asked watching my eyes.
"Because as your assistant you'll need me at any point possible." He chuckled.
"Yes you're right. I won't argue with that." He said winking. "Anyways listen I'm going to have some friends over so you'll have some time alone." He said.
"Where will you be?" I asked.
"The pool outside." I nodded.
"Okay." He winked again and I rolled my eyes. I took his empty bowl and cup and began to wash them.
"I'll be in the living room making a phone call." He said. I only nodded once more and then he left.

...

The door bell was ringing so I opened it and there were two women that looked like they were straight up gold diggers. "Can I help you?" I asked lifting an eyebrow and looking at them with no expression on my face.
"Where's Dakota?" One of them asked.
"Who's asking?" I asked still keeping my eyebrow raised.
"Friends! How are you? Also,why are you interrogating them?" Dakota said putting his attention on me again.
I walked away not wanting to see this. For some reason my heart began to ache. I kept on walking until I reached my bedroom. I need to talk with someone so I called my friend Zhavia.
"Hi, Zhavia can you come over here...I need someone to talk to face to face right now. Thank you." I hung up the phone and waited.

...

The door bell rang. I answered, "Hey what's up?" She asked walking in.
We walked to the kitchen where there was a window which allowed me to watch Dakota and keep an eye on him. Right now though I didn't want to look till I get what I have off my chest.
"My heart is aching because the man I'm taking care of is the love of my life and he's a playboy now. What do I do?" She seemed very speechless just by that little sentence.
"Well you don't do anything you just let fate decide." I sighed.
"That's it?" I asked.
"If there is anything you should know is that I'm horrible at giving advice. Sorry." She said shrugging.
I looked through the window ad saw Dakota and those pretty girls in the pool and kissing each other. Dakota was facing me while the other girls were took busy kissing him. Dakota looked at me watching him. He smiled and continued. He then used his finger to tell me to come to him but I ignored him and turned back to Zhavia.
"Oops I'm sorry Luna but I need to leave. Looks like I'm going to be a bodyguard for a little girl." She said looking at her phone.
"Alright bye." We gave each other a hug and then she left.

...

It's been a couple hours. Dakota's 'friends' left.
"Did you like seeing what you saw?" Dakota asked cockily.
"I was making sure you weren't drowning or something." I replied.
"Ha! Sure you were. I'm sure you were." He said laughing to himself. "I'm going to go shower. Or what? Would you like to watch me in there too just in case I get soap in my eyes?" He asked making fun of me.
"No I don't care for your eyes. There ugly anyways." I spat.
"I'm hurt." He said laughing and walking upstairs. I rolled my eyes. Sometimes I want to scratch his eyes out.
"You're doing a good job with taking care of my son." I turned over to Beck who was right behind me.
"Although he's a pain in the ass." I said. He laughed and nodded.
"Yes. He can be a pain in the neck sometimes but he's tolerable." He said thinking to himself.
"Right. I'm going to bed. Goodnight." I said leaving.
"Goodnight gorgeous." He said behind me.

Plz comment and vote! Thnx ❤️❤️❤️