Chapter 8

I woke up earlier today because I felt like I needed to speak with Beck.
I knocked on the door that lead into his office. "Come in." Beck said. I opened the door and shut it behind me when I walked in. "Hello Luna. What can I help you with?" He asked surprised that I was here.
"I think you need to find yourself another bodyguard." I said. He looked disappointed.
"Why is that? What did my son do to make you feel uncomfortable?" He asked.
"Nothing I just can't see him and not tell him who I am." He took a deep breath.
"Luna please don't do this. You're the only one that will convince him that you're an assistant and nothing else. Plus he wouldn't want anyone else besides you." I lifted an eyebrow.
"There are many others that he can have as 'personal assistants'" I said quoting with my fingers.
"I'll pay you triple this time. Don't leave." He said desperately. I sighed. I didn't know what to do. Triple would be nice but I don't want to get greedy. Then again how would I live? This is a great opportunity.
"Fine. You have me staying." I said.
"Great! Anything else you need darling?" He asked.
"No. Thank you." I said walking out the door and shutting it behind me.
"So, did you and my dad have some fun in there?" Asked Dakota leaning on the arm of the couch.
"Fun? What could have we possibly done in there?" I asked folding my arms.
"You know, it involves touching." I rolled my eyes.
"Oh please. Would you let it go?" I asked frustrated.
"I don't think I can." He said.
"Whatever. I don't have time to argue with you about this ridiculous topic." I said walking into the kitchen.
He followed me. "So how'd you know you liked women?" He asked.
"I don't know it just happened." I said pouring some minute made punch into a glass.
"Good enough response." He said shrugging.
"You going out today?" I asked.
"Yeah with Lindsay." He said.
"Right. Will you need me?" He glared at me.
"Definitely not." He said going back to his normal expression. "The last time I took you with me look what happened." He said.
"I followed, you didn't take me." I said correcting him.
"Listen it's to dangerous for you to be around me. You can get killed." He explained.
"I'll be fine." I said.
"I'm not so sure." He said trying to convince me.
"I'm not convinced. I think you'll need me." I said folding my arms.
"That's what you said last time." He said taking a sip of his juice.
"You will." I said trying to convince him.
"I won't need you on a date." He said with another glare.
"Fine don't take me." I said finishing up my breakfast.

...

It was time for Dakota's date and even though he said I'm not allowed to go, I'm obviously going anyways. I need to keep an eye on him otherwise what kind of bodyguard would I be?
I followed Dakota and watched him from afar. I grabbed a table and sat there looking at the menu and ordering my food. He didn't notice me which was fantastic.
He wasn't looking like he was having a good time. Maybe she was boring to be around with after all.
They both got up when they finished and left together. I followed them even though I wasn't quiet finished with my food.
They stopped at a club. Dakota and being at clubs so much.

Dakota's POV...

"How bout instead of going to this club I take you home with me?" I asked. She smiled like she liked the idea but she hesitated. "What?" I asked.
"It's just that I'm getting married with the man I love in a few days. This was just a goodbye to my freedom at looking at other men." She said making me confused.
"You're an engaged woman?" I asked.
"Yes. I love him. We've been together since we were 15." That's when my heart began to hurt like it never did before. Tears rolled down my face before I knew it. "Hey are you okay?" She asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine. You just reminded me of someone I loved very much. I'm sorry. Get home safe." I said walking away.

Luna's POV...

Dakota looked hurt. I followed him home. I got home before him. I ran upstairs and got into bed. There was a knock on my door.
"Come in." I said. Dakota walked in looking like he was just hit by a car.
"Dakota? Are you okay?" I asked walking up to him.
"I'm not. Are you good at finding people?" He asked.
"Yes, why?" I asked.
"Can you find my Luna? And possibly bring He to me?" I looked down at the floor.
"Last name?" I asked looking back into his eyes.
"Cullen." He said. I nodded.
"Okay I'll see what I can do." He nodded and walked out of the room. I needed to do something quick. Like maybe fake my death over the internet. It will take me all night but I can do it.

...

Everything was finished. It had every detail of my death at 17 years old.
Dakota was downstairs looking anxious. I walked down there and sat down with him.
"Hey.." I said.
"Hey." He said straight back.
"So I found out something that I don't think you should know." I said.
"What?" He asked.
"There's no way I can bring your Luna to you.." I explained.
"Why?" He asked lifting an eyebrow.
"There isn't an easy way to say this but she's dead, Dakota." His eyes watered immediately.
"No you're lying!" He said getting up. He took the phone from me and read everything.
He sat back down and began to sob hard. I've never seen him like that. I didn't think it would effect him this much.
"To think I was blaming her for not writing me back when I wrote to her every chance I got.." I stayed frozen. He wrote to me? Why didn't I get anything? He didn't get my letters? Who would prevent the letters from going through? A load of questions popped into my head.
I hugged Dakota. At first he was frozen but the he wrapped his arms around me.
"I'm sorry this happened." I whispered.
What kind of monster am I?

Plz comment and Vote! Thnxxx🖤🖤🖤