Chapter 9

"Do you need anything?" I asked Dakota who was still trying to control his tears.
"No. The one I needed was Luna and now she's gone. Gone like the girls I've played." He said putting his face in his hands.
"I'm sorry Dakota. I never seen you like this." He looked up at me.
"You are just an assistant. You don't know me. I'm going to be in my room all day today so don't even bother asking if I'll need you because I won't." He said getting up and walking away.
I just sat there feeling horrible. I had to find out who prevented those letters from going through to the both of us.
"Hey Luna I'm going out for the entire day. Make sure that my son is safe." Beck said.
"Will do." I said.
Beck nodded and walked out the house.
Time to go check his office. It wouldn't be surprising if he was involved.
I walked into his office and shut the door behind me. I began to search everywhere and also made sure I didn't make it obvious that his office had been searched. I finally found something. It was an envelope with all the letters I've sent him. What the hell? This was all I found but why? This was his plan? He wanted Dakota to hate me and think I was the problem.
I took the envelope and put it somewhere no one would find it. I heard a door shut and footsteps walking down the stairs. I knew it was Dakota since he was the only one in the house.
I followed him. He got in the car while I went on a motorcycle.

...

We stopped at my mother's house. I felt confused but I snuck into the house on the roof. I heard the entire conversation.

Dakota's POV...

I knocked onto Luna's mother's door. She opened it and looked extremely surprised to see me standing in front of her.
"Dakota? What can I help you with?" She asked.
"Where's Luna?" I asked. He looked around and pressed her lips together.
"Luna? Well she moved away and became a bodyguard. I haven't heard anything else since then." I shut my eyes and processed that information in my head.
"Okay. Thank you." I said turning around and getting back in the car.

Luna's POV...

Where's he going now? I began to follow him again and he stopped at my job where all the bodyguards are called and requested from.
I walked in behind him. He didn't notice me because I was right behind him. I hid somewhere, where I wouldn't be noticeable.

Dakota's POV...

I walked up to a lady at the counter. She looked up at me and smiled. "Hello, what can I help you with today sir?" She asked.
"Do you have a Luna Cullen here working? Or is she really dead?" She furrowed her eyebrows.
"Luna isn't dead." She said confused. My heart began to pump fast. I knew she wasn't I felt it.
"Where is she?" I asked.
"Right now she is being a bodyguard for a man." She said.
"For who?" She presses her lips together.
"That's classified information I can't just tell you because that would be dangerous." She said.
"Please. She's the love of my life and I'm looking for her." She sighed.
"Fine but can I see your ID?" She asked. I took out my ID and handed it to her. "Okay thank you." She said. She began to type and click everywhere. "She's taking care of a man called Beck Grey. Does he happen to be your relative?" My heart stopped.
"Yes he's my father." I stated. She kept on researching.
"Oh that's right." She said smiling.
"Thank you for your help." I said leaving.

...

I walked into my house and yelled, "Dad?! Where are you?!" I barged into his office and he wasn't there. The door opened and I immediately went to go check who it was. It was him.
"Dad! Where is she?!" I asked about to scratch his eyes out.
"Son what do you mean?" He asked lifting an eyebrow.
"Luna?!" I yelled. His eyes widened.
"Did something happen to Luna?" He asked worryingly.
"Not that Luna! My Luna!" I corrected.
"Luna Cullen?" He asked.
"What other Luna is mine?!" I asked angrily. "A little birdy told me that she was your bodyguard! And why the fuck do you need a bodyguard?! You kill anyone that gets in the way!" He sighed.
"She isn't my bodyguard. She happens to be your bodyguard." He said.
"I don't have a fuckin bodyguard! I have a.." I stopped.
"She played as an assistant because you wouldn't accept a bodyguard. She was right in your face the entire time. She remembered you but you for some reason didn't recognize her." He explained. I stormed out of the office and ran upstairs. I barged into Luna's room. She was on her laptop but when she saw me she shut it.
"You're dead huh?" I asked. Her eyes widened.
"What are you talking about?" She asked.
"Do you think I wasn't ever going to fuckin find out?!" I yelled.
"Your father asked for a female bodyguard. I was the one who wasn't taken. He personally asked for me anyways." She explained.
"Why didn't you tell me who you were?!" I asked.
"Because you're a playboy now. You didn't even recognize me when I knew exactly who you were the minute I saw you!" She yelled back.
"I can't have you risking your life for me." I said.
"What do you mean? It's my job." She stated.
"You're dismissed." She had no expression on her face.
"You're kidding me right?" She asked.
"No I'm dead serious." I said.
"Please don't fire me. I need this job." She said pleading.
"Why?" I asked.
"My father wants me to be CEO of the car company he owns and I don't want that. Please don't let me go." She said.
"I'm sorry Luna but I love you too much. Speaking of which, why the fuck didn't you right me back?!" I asked feeling angry again.
"I did. You were the one that didn't write me back! Until I realized that your father kept the letters I sent to you so you never received them." She took out the envelope full of her letters. I looked up at her and hugged her tightly.
I felt her tearing up. She began to sob hard. I cried with her. What do I do now?

Plz comment and vote! Thnxxx 🖤🖤🖤