Chapter 13

Luna please don't kill me when you wake up.
I put on the clothes ripped off from my dad and put them back on. When I was putting on her jacket she fell forward looking like I was holding her.
The door opened behind me, I heard Blair's voice. "Baby, let's go somewhere el-" she couldn't finish her sentence. "Never mind." She said closing the door. I shut my eyes in disappointment. I looked down at Luna and smiled. I guess this was for the best. She was just like the rest when I thought I was actually going to break my record.
I began to shake Luna awake. All Luna did was moan.
"Luna." I whispered. She moaned again. "Luna." I said again. She slowly opened her eyes. She slapped me across the face. I was extremely surprised at how fast she regained her strength.
"I deserved that." I said with my eyes shut.
"Drugging me? What a childish move." She said angrily.
"Hey I didn't do this to you, I would never." I said.
"I'm not talking about you doofus!" She said holding her head.
"I need rest." She said.
"Of course." I said.
"But don't leave me." She demand.
"What?" I asked.
"Don't leave me. I don't want to sleep alone tonight after what happened." She said.
"What do you know?" I asked.
"I bet he tried something. No one would drug another at a party and bring them to a room for nothing." She said tearing up. "Dammit." She said rubbing her eyes.
"It's okay to cry." I said.
"Not for me." She said with a little sniff.
"Right." I walked over to the couch and laid down.
"What are you doing?" She asked.
"You said Not to l-" she cut me off.
"No. I can't defend myself at the moment so you're going to lay down beside me." She said. I sat back up and walked on the other side of the bed and laid down. I shut the lamp off and went to sleep with her. I turned the lamp on again and got up. Luna groaned, "What the hell are you doing?" She asked.
"Beautiful I'll be right back." I said. "There's still a party going on." She fell back down onto the pillow.
I walked out and went downstairs and waited for it to be over. It was about one in the morning when the very last person left the house.
I walked upstairs and checked on Luna. She was on her laptop when I walked in.
"Someone couldn't sleep." I said.
"Shut up and get over here." She demanded.
I took of my shoes and shirt then got in bed with her. She moved closer to me and cuddled.
"Well, well, someone's getting touchy." I said laughing.
"Shut up. This is a one time thing and a one time thing only." She whispered.
"I'm the luckiest guy right now." I said. I left a kiss on her cheek. She didn't move she just fell asleep peacefully. And thank God she did.

...

Luna's POV...

I woke up in Dakota's arms and for once feeling relaxed.
I got up and began to get dressed. Dakota is still asleep so I decided to leave him like that.
I went downstairs and began to eat breakfast and when I was done Dakota came downstairs and sat down.
"Why didn't you wake me up?" He said looking like he is in pain.
"What's up with you?" I asked lifting an eyebrow.
"What do you mean?" He asked.
"You look like you went to the gym and hurt yourself." I said laughing.
"Ha-ha very funny." He said. "My issue is that you sleep on a bed of rocks." He said rubbing his neck.
"I don't find it as a bed of rocks." I said tilting my head.
"Right." He said.
Beck walked into the room with my parents. Dakota and I were very confused. Dakota's mother who I haven't seen in forever also walked in. I guess she was finally back from her trip.
"What's going on?" Dakota asked.
"Luna. Your mother and I think it's time for you to take over the company." I just stared at them.
"And if I don't want to?" I asked.
"I did everything to give this to you and you're throwing it away?" My father asked.
"Sure." I said folding my arms, "I'm happy as a bodyguard." I said.
"You know that being a bodyguard is dangerous I'm surprised that you haven't died yet taking care of this man." He said trying to convince me.
"I'm not convinced." I said.
"Please." He said.
"Do it." Dakota said. I looked at him with a confused expression.
"What?" I asked. He looked over to his father then back at me. I sighed and shut my eye to think for a moment.
"Fine. Alright I'll do it. I'll take over the damn company." I said.
My father came up to me and hugged me but I moved away and walked away. Dakota followed me to my room where I started packing.
"Are you mad?" Dakota asked.
"No why would I be?" I asked gritting my teeth.
"Luna." He said.
"What? I'm happy." I said packing faster.
"Luna," He said grabbing and trying to stop me, "Luna." He said finally stopping me.
"What?" I said softly.
"You don't have to. I just didn't think you'd be as comfortable as you were after yesterday." He said cupping my cheek.
"It's fine. I'm going to do this. But do me a favor." I said.
"What?" He asked.
"Get a bodyguard." I said.
"Don't need one. Unless it's you." He said.
"Your not safe." I said back.
"I will be fine." He said.
"Whatever." I continued to pack until I was done I walked downstairs where my parents waited.
Before I walked out Dakota stopped me.
"Luna?" He asked. I turned around to see him wrap his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around him and let go.
"Goodbye." I said.
"Goodbye..bestie." I stopped walking and felt my heart breaking. He called me bestie and that's what killed me.

Plz comment and vote! Thnxxx 🖤🖤🖤