~six~

They've been sitting here for more than an hour now.

Luckily Yoongi doesn't work on Mondays. Only Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.

He's sure his and Jimin's raucous laughter is annoying the couple sitting adjacent to them but he can't bring himself to really care when he's having so much fun.

Jimin is currently telling him a story about how his Physics teacher electrocuted himself while trying to perform an experiment for them when his phone rings.

"and then he just fucking started-", he glances at the phone. "Junghoonie <3" flashes on the screen and Yoongi's jaw clenches. 

"Oh, sorry." Jimin says, picking up his phone from the table. He's about to decline the call but before he can, Yoongi stops him.

"It's- It's fine, Jimin. You can answer it, I don't mind." 

He does.

Jimin smiles at him sheepishly. "Thank you."

He picks up the call and puts the phone to his hear. "Hey, Junghoon."

The only sound Yoongi can make out is faint static noises. "Uh..yeah." Jimin says and fiddles with his straw. "No, no. I'm out with a friend, I told you."

Jimin's eyebrows raise up and his eyes widen when he looks out the window. "What? Why?"

Yoongi raises an eyebrow, but Jimin just waves a hand at him. "Of course. Sure." Jimin nods.

"Okay..bye." he says and ends the call, putting his phone in his jacket pocket. "Uhm, sorry, hyung. I have to go now. Junghoon's waiting outside for me."

Yoongi ignores the pang of disappointment and unease in his chest and smiles. "It's okay."

Fuck he needs a smoke.

He stands up as Jimin does. They walk out of the diner. Jimin stops at the entrance and smiles at him. "Thank you for the dinner, hyung. I had a lot of fun. We should..we should meet up sometime soon again."

Yoongi smiles and nods. The neon lights coming from the diner casts them in a red and blue glow and Yoongi's once again reminded of how beautiful and out of reach Jimin is. 

Even when he's right in front of him. It hurts. "Yeah, we should."

Jimin's smile widens and he's about to say something when a car honks loudly and he flinches with a grimace. 

"Ah, I should probably go. See you, hyung!" Jimin says and waves a hand at him while jogging towards the car Yoongi's pretty sure belongs to Junghoon. He waves back with a forced smile. 

It hurts more now. 

-

Jimin sighs and shuts the door of the car. Junghoon starts driving immediately. This can't be good. 

Junghoon takes a deep breath. "What took you so long?"

Jimin looks at him with furrowed eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean, Jimin. Why did you take so long?" Junghoon replies, glancing at him for a bit. 

"I wasn't even gone for two hours. We just had dinner and talked for a while and I lost track of time," Jimin shrugs leaning back in his seat. "Besides, I told you before leaving."

"Yes, but you didn't tell me it was him," Junghoon grits out.

"Yoongi hyung? What about him?"

Junghoon stops at a red light, "I don't like that guy."

"Why not?," Jimin asks, looking at his boyfriend with a raised eyebrow. 

"I just don't, okay?" Junghoon's voice is bordering on yelling now. He's always had a shit temper. Fuck if Jimin's not used to it.

"I don't want you meeting with him, you hear me?" The light turns green again and Junghoon starts driving.

"What?," Jimin straightens up in his seat, affronted. "He's my friend, Junghoon. I can't-"

"I don't care!" Junghoon yells as he pulls up at Jimin's house. 

Jimin flinches at this at looks at the older with wide eyes. Silence hangs in the air while they look at each other. 

Jimin shakes his head, and unlocks the car door. "You can't tell me who I should and shouldn't be friends with. That's not how it fucking works." 

He opens the car door and steps outside. 

"Jimin, baby-" Junghoon says, now with a softer expression.

Jimin sighs, "I'll see you tomorrow, Junghoon."

He walks up to his front door, hearing Junghoon drive away. 

Before he can open it though, the door opens and when Jimin looks up to see who opened it, his breath gets caught in his throat. 

"Jin hyung?"

-

it him bois