~twenty two~

Jungkook yawns and leans his head against the car window, watching the droplets of rain trickle down. He's cuddled up in the backseat, having offered Taehyung the passenger seat.

Taehyung. He sighs. Taehyung, who's got him so confused with all these missed signals, lingering gazes and careful touches. It's almost like they're back to square one. 

It sucks but it's better than the bitterness he was getting tired of. It's no use denying that he misses what they had. Taehyung was an amazing friend and an even better lover. He put Jungkook above everything else. Even himself sometimes. Jungkook misses feeling loved by him. 

But, he thinks, can they really go back to that so easily? Wouldn't it be awkward and stiff? He doesn't even know if Taehyung wants anything to do with him anymore in that way. 

Jungkook thinks back to a few hours ago, when him and Taehyung had been laughing and talking in that store so freely, like that invisible barrier had never been there. It was so..so easy.

He shakes his head to rid himself of these useless thoughts. 

They've been driving around looking for a motel for some hours, but have found no luck with that. Seokjin had handed over the car keys to Yoongi and is currently sitting between him and Jimin in the backseat, the latter already sound asleep.

Speaking of Jimin, he's been attached at the hip with Yoongi these days. Well, he thinks, that's good for Yoongi. The older's been pining after Jimin since the beginning of time itself. Jungkook just hopes Yoongi doesn't get hurt. 

Since Jimin is a very touchy person in general, Jungkook doesn't want Yoongi to get the wrong idea and think of it as something more than it actually is. 

"Any luck, Tae?," Seokjin asks, scouring for nearby motels on his phone.

"Nope," Taehyung replies, popping the p.

"Lets just sleep in here, it's not that cramped," Jungkook suggests, already feeling too cozy to move. He'd pulled over the extra jacket he'd brought, using it as a makeshift blanket -suck on that Yoongi- and also took off of his shoes pulling his legs up on the seat close to his chest.

Seokjin sighs, typing something on his phone, "Isn't that a bit unsafe?"

"How?," Yoongi asks, the first word he's said in hours.

"Anyone could unlock the car and rob us," Seokjin answers, "We don't have a place where we can hide all our stuff, or god forbid one of us could get hurt."

Taehyung hums, "You're right, that's risky."

"Well," Jungkook says, "then you should better think of something soon. It's almost 10 pm and I'm gonna fall asleep in here like Jimin hyung."

"Lets all take turns sleeping," Taehyung suggests.

"Sounds fine to me," Jungkook mumbles, close to falling asleep any second.

"Who's gonna tell Jimin?," Yoongi asks, taking a right turn and parking the car beside some closed ramen restaurant. 

"You three go to sleep, I'll let Jimin know if he wakes up during the night." Seokjin answers, leaning back comfortably in his seat. "Is two hours okay?"

Yoongi nods, "I'll wake up after you."

"I'll be up next and wake Kook up after two hours," Taehyung says. 

Jungkook just hums, setting the alarm, half asleep. 

He's not sure if he's even set it right before he's out like a light.

-

a boring little filler because i'm tired and unmotivated

the next one's gonna be much longer