~thirty two~

The last time Yoongi found himself in a situation quite like this was when he was 18.

He'd forgotten to take his pills three nights in a row and tried to elucidate the situation by taking three in a row the fourth night. That had landed him in the ER and his mother made him promise he wouldn't do something stupid like that again.

Well, he'd tried. 

The difference between then and now is that that had been a mistake.

The first thing that comes to his mind when he regains a semblance of consciousness is that he's broken that promise. The second thing he registers is that he's somehow still alive. How? He can't even begin to question why.

Yoongi's quite sure that considering the amount of pills he'd taken, he should not be alive and breathing. That's not to say that he's happy with this outcome. 

This is a whole new mess he's gotta deal with, along with staying alive as a whole.

Opening his eyes is a downright herculean task. When he does, they immediately squeeze shut because of the glaring lights overhead. 

Oh, he's still in the hospital, Yoongi concludes.

He attempts to open his eyes again and is successful after a few tries. He blinks against the harsh lights furiously. 

He can see a window from this position. It's dark outside, and it's raining. Seokjin gets nervous driving in the rain. Yoongi guesses he'll have to drive the rest of the way to Haeundae.

Then again, what he'd done comes to mind and he guesses he's ruined this for everyone now. He told Jimin they'd make it to-

Jimin.

Yoongi's already aching throat chokes up immediately. 

He tries to straighten up when he feels something soft and warm encompassing his hand. Yoongi glances to his right and his breath hitches.

Next to the bed, in a chair is Jimin. His lower body is in the chair but his upper body rests on the bed, next to Yoongi. He has his arms folded and his head rests on them. He seems to be asleep. 

Unsettled, Yoongi sits up and pries his hand away from Jimin's. 

The action causes the younger to stir awake from his sleep. He groans, and blinks a few times. Yoongi holds his breath.

Jimin's eyes land on him and widen almost comically. "Yoongi hyung.."

Yoongi feels his hands begin to shake, everything from that night comes back to him and suddenly, he can't look at the younger, so he looks down at the cannula on his hand.

"Hyung..how do you feel?," Jimin asks, his voice low and careful. Yoongi sees the younger shift in his seat closer to him, but he can't bring himself to look at him.

"How do you think?," Yoongi replies, his voice rough, though it carries no real bite. He looks at the table on the side for water, but doesn't find it there.

Jimin begins to say something but Yoongi cuts him off, can't bear to hear his voice. He knows Jimin. Knows that he's gonna want to address the elephant in the room, and Yoongi's not physically, mentally, or emotionally capable of doing so right now.

"How long have I been out?," Yoongi asks, glancing around the room. It's quite spacious, well furnished. It seems oddly familiar. He sees his own and Seokjin's jacket thrown over another chair, as well as his own bag and camera on the table in front of it.

Yoongi hears Jimin take a deep breath. "A day," Jimin replies, fiddling with a ring on his index finger.

"A day?," Yoongi echos, not out of surprise, but as a way of keeping Jimin from taking this "conversation" elsewhere.