~twenty six~

~Three months ago~

Yoongi puts down the pen he was solving a math problem with when his phone buzzes with a two texts. 

Jin Hyung:

hey yoongi

can u come over?

Yoongi frowns at his phone after reading the texts. It's not like Seokjin to invite him over so randomly like this. 

Me:

sure

is everything okay?

Jin Hyung:

yeah i just have something to tell you

it's important 

Yoongi tries to ignore the funny feeling in his chest. It feels almost ominous in a strange way. He gets up from his desk, telling Seokjin he'll be over in about ten minutes and walks out of his room. 

Jungkook's over at Taehyung's for a study date, so he sends the younger a quick text telling him he might not be home when he gets back. 

Yoongi walks out of his apartment, locking the door behind him. It's still light out, a warm late July evening, the sun about to set. 

Yoongi reaches Seokjin's house and takes a deep breath, clearing his mind of negative thoughts, and rings the doorbell. He hears the faint sounds of footsteps approaching before the door is opened by Seokjin. 

The older smiles and pulls open the door, "Hey, Yoongi. Thanks for coming over at such short notice," he says, stepping aside to let Yoongi in.

Yoongi returns the smile and bends down to untie his shoe laces, "No problem, hyung," he looks around the living room breifly, "No one's home?," he asks.

Seokjin shakes his head, "No. Dad's at work and Jimin's out with Junghoon," he explains, as the two head over to the couch to sit down.

Yoongi tries to roll his eyes at the latter and leans back comfortably on the couch, pulling his legs up. "Oh, okay."

Seokjin smiles sheepishly, and wrings his fingers together, "Sorry, again, for calling you over so suddenly. I hope you weren't too busy."

Yoongi shakes his head, trying not to fidget on the couch, "I was just finishing up my math homework."

Seokjin just nods, looking around. He's avoiding cutting to the chase, Yoongi knows that. So he tries to make it easier for his friend. 

He smiles, "So, hyung. What did you wanna tell me?," he asks, "You said it was important."

Seokjin looks even more uneasy now, if that's even possible. The older is usually very open about everything with Yoongi. They share everything with each other, knowing no one else could understand them better than they understand each other. The two have been through a lot together, so Seokjin never hesitates this much to tell Yoongi something.    

Seokjin avoids his gaze and looks down at his lap, "Yeah, it is."

Yoongi rubs the back of his neck, "You can tell me when you want, it's okay. Take your time, don't rush it. If you don't feel like telling me now, you can just-"

"I'm leaving for Seoul tomorrow."

Yoongi stills, not sure if he heard Seokjin right. 

"What?," he asks, voice coming out quieter than he expected.