Final day of initiation

Tay pov

(Fast forward to the final testing day)

It's time for me to go through my fear landscape. I walk in the room and the dauntless leaders are standing around. I see four and tris. They wave at me and give me a thumbs up. I keep playing the words of warning four gave me. "Do everything like a dauntless would." I walk to the chair and tris comes and injects me with the serum. I will be facing all of my fears today. How many will I have? im so scared. I sit down and Max says "it will begin in 3...2...1" and I go out.

I wake up in the field outside the fence. This is the dog fear. I turn toward the growling dog and tell my self where the gun is. I reach down and grab it. I shoot the dog and the scene changes.

I'm back in abnegation. I remember this fear. It's my fear of failure. My father walks in the room and gives me a look of disappointment. I failed my test in school or something. This is a stupid fear. I look at him and say I'm sorry I'll do better next time and he walks out. The scene changes again. I've never been in this one. I go to raise my arms snd I can't. I look down and I'm tied to a chair. My legs are bound too. Oh my god what's happening. I yell for help. This must be my fear of restriction. I start kicking and trying to free my arms and then I start thinking. What would a dauntless do? and I look and see a knife in my pocket. I wiggle my hand to grab it and shift it where the blade is on the rope and I cut it. I then cut my legs free and run. I run and hit a clear wall. I look and see my friends staring at me. I look around and feel. I'm in a glass case. Then I hear a vacuum sound. And the air starts thinning out. My fear of suffocation. I grab at my throat and remember this isn't real. I put my hand on the glass and think and imagine that it's ice. Ice breaks. I kick the wall and it shatters and I take a huge breath of air. The scene changes again and I'm in a dauntless apartment. Then three men in dark clothing rush in and grab me. My fear of abduction. They grab me and I remember my dauntless training and I punch one in the throat and kick the other in the groin leaving one standing. He swings at me and I block it and kick him behind the knee and knee him in the face. He's out. And I run out of the room and I wake up back in the simulation room. I look around and Max comes up and tells me I did well then hands me a gun. "Now one more test before you can be dauntless." he says. I turn and see. Austin. "Shoot him or die." He says. I'm so confused! What? Why would they want me to kill one of the initiates. I can't. I won't kill him. I love him. "No I won't." I say with tears in my eyes. "Ten." he starts counting. "Taylor just do it! I love you just do it!" austin screams at me. "I can't Austin. I wont!" I yell back. I'm crying horribly. I won't let him die. Max continues counting. "Nine. Eight. Seven." "Austin" I say and I raise the gun at him. And then I realize. This isn't real. I still. I can't shoot him. I won't shoot him a real dauntless wouldn't kill someone to simply be here. Ordinary acts of bravery. This is cowardice. I turn the barrel and press it to my forehead "Austin I love you" I say one last time and I press the trigger. I sit up and gasp in the chair and hear claps all around me. "Tay that was great." Tris says and I cling to her and start crying. Four picks me up and carries me out of the room and tris follows. It's over. I faced my fears.

I'm in dauntless.