Gone

Tobias pov.

"Where will we go?" Tris asks me trying to fight the tears as we pack as much as we can to leave the dauntless compound. We are supposed to meet the Defiant at the train tracks in an hour. "I dont know. You told your parents where we will be right? We have to hide the kids. I need to go tell Taylor and Austin to come with us." I say as calmly as I can. We are after all running for our lives. I walk out and go to their apartment and bang on the door.

Taylor greets me there. "Oh hey four. DO you need anything?" SHe asks and I come inside their apartment shutting the door behind me. She tries to ask me whats going on but i hush her. "You and Austin need to come with us. You are in trouble and we need to get you out of here. ask no questions just start packing." Austin walks in the room. "Four you cant just tell me I have to leave with austin and you guys and me not ask why. Tell me what is going on." she spits at me. She's got a bit of a temper. "I will explain if you pack as i talk." They both nod. I begin my story. "Taylor there are some people who want to take you and run tests on you and then most likely execute you. They need to make simulations to work on the contritient. WE have to protect you. They are after my children as well. You need to hurry okay." I say.

Then I hear a scream. Its a scream I have only heard by one person. Tris. I bolt out the door and shes on the ground crying. "Tobias they got them! There were too many for me to fight alone. and they took them!" She cries out and pulls her knees to her face. "Tris who? Whats wrong?" I ask worriedly. "They got out kids! All of them. They took them!" My heart drops into my stomach. "Tris who was it?" I spit. i must sound angry because her gaze meets mine and it is the same. "It was David, and Jeanine, and Tyler. They came and took them and they told me that they know what I had to do to get my kids back. THey want Taylor. but I wont do it I wont do that." ANd she cries again. Her dream has become a reality.

All I can do is stand and stare. THats all I feel is nothing. They have my kids. I pick TRis up on her feet and look her in the eyes. "Tris we are getting them back. but we need some help." I ssay and run to zeke and shauna's apartment. I turn and see she has started running toward Will and Christinas. I will get Uriah and Zeke to help as well. WE need them and we need the defiant. WE will be saving my children and we will protect Taylor.

An hour later at the train tracks

"We are supposed to meet the DEfiant here." I say as I turn to my friends who have agreed to help rescue my kids. Natalie and Andrew are watching everyones children while we work to help. I see them all wearing blue armbands with an arrow through it. i raise an eyebrow and hear a few feet hit the ground behind me. I turn to greet them and see I know them well. Evelyn, Peter, Al, Lynn, Johanna, and Cara. "WElcome to the defiant." Evelyn says. I hug her. "Mom. Please. They have my kids." I say. I have never called her mom before but she has done so much for me I cant understand why I wouldnt. "I know we are getting them back. But Taylor probably shouldnt be anywhere near there when we go get them." She says "Wait no! I helped save Tris once I can help save the kids too.besides I am the reason this is all happening" She says and Austins pulls her back "TAy I cant lose you." He says with tears in his eyes. She nods in understanding but when she turns I see deceipt in her eyes. The same look I saw in Tris when she told me she wouldnt go to the erudite.

The pain I felt in my heart when I woke up to find she had left. The thought that I almost lost her.

She nods at me and I nod back in understanding. I wont let her get hurt. " WE need to form a plan to get into their place and find out whats going on. Thats where you come in." CAra says and points to a figure in the back. Caleb.

"They think you will betray your sister anytime now so we can send you in you find out their plan and we save them. Okay?" Johanna speaks to him. She has changed. she keeps her hair out of her face now so her scar is visible. He nods. I pull Tris close and kiss her forehead.

"Okay so here is the plan." Evelyn begins and i pull tris in and whisper "We will save them Tris." I say and kiss her forehead. She looks up at me. Tears filling her eyes. "And what if we cant?" I look down. All I can do is look down because the thought of that is too hard for me to handle. I pull her into me and we cry together.

She cries for my kids. I cry because this might very well be the last time she ever sees me again.

I know what I must do. And it must be done now.