The Dreamer?

Tris pov

"Tris it's okay you can tell me about your dream." he says to me softly, comforting me from the horrible night I just endured. "T-Tobias I can't even say it. It was awful." I choke out and cry into his shirt more. "Shhh. it's okay I'm here." he coos as he brushes my hair.

The babies are still sound asleep so I am trying to muffle my cries in his shirt. I can't let go of him at all. Not after my dream. He was gone the pain in my heart was unbearable. I couldn't stand it any longer.

"Tris." tobias whispers and tilts my head to look in his eyes. "I need you to tell me what it was." His eyes tell me it's urgent. That it's crucial that he knows what happened. "You you died. And Jeanine was alive and she had Taylor strapped to a table with wires and she had our kids. And it was horrible tobias." I cry out and cling to him once more.

His body stiffens up and he gets off of the bed. "Tris I will be right back." he says and rushes out the door.

A few moments later he comes back with my doctor she's carrying a machine on a cart. Tobias shuts and locks the door behind him grabbing a blanket to cover the glass window. "Tobias what is going o-" I say but my mouth is covered up. "Shh. Tris I need to run a simulation on you okay." Dr Anne says and I just nod and look at tobias. He nods at me.

They attach electrodes to my temples and tobias attaches one to his temple. "Tobias why are you wearing one?" I asked confused. "I need to see this as well dr Anne will see it on the screen." he says to me. His voice has deepened and he sounds like an instructor again. This is serious.

Dr Anne brings a needle with a soft blue to me and it has a label that I think says dream.

Dream? what is a dream serum?

"Tris this is going to put you through your dream. But you know it won't be real I need you to take in every aspect of the dream. Okay. Can you do that?" she says to me. Tears slip through my eyes as I nod. And she injects me with the serum and I close my eyes.

I wake up in the same white room. I close my eyes and look down and say to my self that it isn't real. I look at Tobias who is on the ground once more. I walk to him and the wall is still there. He tells me to run again. I look where the table Taylor is on is at and examine it. I move to her to get a better look. It's a test serum like they used when they were testing my divergence. Then I see an orange folder that says CONTRITIENCE. I cover my mouth. They are running tests on her. Then I see Jeanine come in. I assess my situation and I see tobias start freeing himself. I run and tell him stop. His gaze meets me and he nods. I go to Jeanine who has my children and puts electrodes on them. She is testing them for divergence as well.

Then I wake up.

Dr Anne and tobias are looking at me like I'm crazy. "What. What's wrong?" I say. Dr Anne looks at Tobias. "Tris you're the dreamer." "The dreamer? what the hell is that?" I ask. "It's a trait found rarely in divergents. Ony the strong ones. It means your dreams can show what could happen in the future. Or predict an outcome based on events. It's another way your mind is different then the rest." Dr Anne says to me. Then her and tobias exchange looks. "And I am the same way." Tobias says not dating to look me in the eyes.

My jaw drops to the floor. "Tobias why do you mean. I thought you weren't really a divergent?" I repeat as though I've said it a thousand times.

Tobias was told he was not really divergent when we were at the bureau.

"Tris I am divergent. And I have the dreams like yu. But mine aren't the same as you. Mine predict. Yours actualy tell what can happen." He says with a terrifying look in his eyes. A look I only saw when he found out I was thinking about turning myself into the erudite. "Tris they will be looking for you. And they are looking for Taylor. There is a similar war going to happen but erudite plan to take over everyone. They have people outside the fence. They are preparing. But they need to be able to handle the divergent and contritent. Which means you and Taylor and anyone else is not age anymore. You need to run. Hide your children. Hide Taylor. Hide anyone who could be hurt. You need to help them." Dr Anne says and takes a deep breath " there is a group called the defiant. They know about contritent and divergent and can help. They are more numerous than yu would think. Those around you could be in the defiant. Find them. Hide and get ready to protect your world. get the kids and run tris. Okay run."

I nod and she leaves the room. Tobias looks at me and starts packing our things.

I don't know about any of this but I'm not about to let my family be in danger.

We have to go.

We need to run.